Was it a date or just a hang-out?

This girl I started talking to last week and I really hit it off. We've hung out in groups a bit since, but one day I decided to ask her to a movie. She agreed. When we met up, she was by herself, and I suggested we grab coffee, and she agreed. I insisted on paying for it. We spoke about everything from our families to favorite ice cream. We get to the movies, I insist on paying for the tickets too. She said she wanted to buy the popcorn, but I got that too. During the movie, we'd often go for the popcorn at the same time and occasionally our hands would brush, but it wasn't a good movie for being intimate so I didn't make a move. I walked her back to her place, and at the door I said we should do this again. She agreed. She opened her arms to hug me and I hugged her and bumped my head against hers by accident. I apologized and she laughed and said "it's ok, you made it original." We looked at each other once more and smiled, and I left. Was it a date?

• Yes, it was a date
    64%(7)78%(14)Vote100%(7)
  • No, it was a hang-out
    36%(4)22%(4)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a classic first date, going to see a movie, he pays for the tickets. Are you asking because you are unsure if it's a date or if you're unsure if she thinks it was a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously a date, mate. Your first date :D

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it really matters how you define it. The point is you got to spend quality time with a girl you're interested in. Wether in the future it's just the two of you again or you're with a group of friends, definitely find a way to keep hanging out with and her and see where it goes! Good luck!

• Yes it was!

• Girls can be tricky. I've hung out with a lot of guys like that but I never considered it a date unless they actually said "Will you go on a date with me"

• Yuppers! Take it slow cap'in.

• Sounds like a date

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like a date. but to be certain i'd just ask her out again

• Yes I would say that's a date