Would a guy be put off, if the girl is too smart?

I was told by a guy that I was too smart and intelligent for him... is this a new thing? I thought guys love smart girls that can teach them something they don't know. I'm not a PhD student or a bookworm, and I don't consider myself 'too smart' either and I'm not a nerd.

And I don't intend to play it dumb with every guy I meet... or should I? He said I have all the qualities a guy looks for, attractive physically and mentally , good looking, good heart and kind - but I'm too smart and intelligent... like what? Is that an offence and intimidating to guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't 'play it dumb', and sell yourself short. I would rather my girlfriend be able to hold an intelligent conversation with me, than feel like I'm talking to a rock..

Some of us guys can find a woman with a good head on her shoulders, to be intimidating, but that doesn't mean you should play stupid so that they will like you.. You shouldn't have to play stupid for anyone.

What Guys Said 6

• Some guys are intimidated by that. A lot of guys want to be the person who has the plan when things go wrong, and he probably is worried that you'd be the person who has the idea that saves the day, not him.

Personally, the smarter the better, never play dumb.
    Guys will get intimidated but that's the guys problem, not yours.

A genuinely interesting conversation that is mentally stimulating is way sexier than good looks.

• he means you make him feel dumb, which makes him feel like you think you're smarter than him.
    either way, he's insecure

• Being smart is extremely attractive. Maybe the guy was using it as a dumb excuse? In any case, don't play dumb! Guys, well at least in my experience and for me personally, we are attracted to smart girls.

• Not for me no

• no it wouldn't to me, unless the she was constantly correcting me on small unimportant things.

• Only if it equates to being boring

What Girls Said 1

• Odds are that he was not that into you and he used the "smart" and "intelligent" thing as an excuse.