How do you Guys feel about Promise rings? I have always wanted one?

I have always wanted a promise ring, just for a guy to say "would you wear this for me tonight", I would probably cry a little bit from being so happy. It doesn't have to be expensive at all it's really just the thought that my special guy puts into it. I guess I'm a romantic at heart.

Guys would you ever take your special lady to the jewelry store to pick something out? Or, would you surprise her the night of?

To me a gift like this is a nice gesture to say I really like you, and value the time we spend together. To be honest I don't know if I will ever get married, I 'd rather live in partnership bliss and not have a nasty divorce it is to common in my family to roll the dice on this lady. And besides as long as he comes home to me and genuinely likes having fun with me and we are there for each other through good and bad, I'm happy- Don't really need a big wedding or a piece of paper for that. Nothing against weddings I love them, I just would rather put that same money into a home or savings or umm maybe a trip and elope? I don't know, I feel like I kind of got off track a bit. Anyway, a promise ring to me says "next level" That's the sweet spot of love for me.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, I personally love the idea of promise rings!

I met the most amazing girl on a school trip to Europe and we instantaneously clicked... after my girl and I had spent a few years together we had sort. of mentioned the idea of getting g a promise ring. And so I went and picked out a ring that I knew she'd love and I asked her folks for their blessings (because their opinion is important to us and I didn't want them to see the ring and have a stroke).

The ring didn't come in a nice convenient size box and so I set it lose in my pocket waiting for the perfect moment. when the time was right I poured my heart out and told her how she's made me a better man and how I was so grateful to have her in my life and how I talked to her folks and they loved the idea of me giving her a little symbol of our love. I pulled out the ring from my pocket and a huge ball of Jean lint that must have been in my pocket!
    she laughed so hard and cried and it was honestly the perfect moment and we wouldn't change it one bit!

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not understand the purpose of it. But that's just me. Also, I don't like jewelry much.

What Guys Said 4

• I never have done it before, but if I was it would be one or both of two reasons. One, I really do care about her and even though it early on, I want her to know that I find our relationship serious and see a future together. Two, I'm trying to get laid more, so I'll buy a ring to increase that odd.

• I can give u one

• OMG Yes I love them! I'm not sure I want to marry either and promise rings are the next best thing.

I have bought my girlfriend one after we've been together for about half a year. I actually spend a huge amount of money on it lol I surprised her with it.

• Why don't you give him one if you want it so badly? Why is it always men who have to spend money and effort on these things?

• I never said I wouldn't, but that wasn't the topic. Actually I started saving for one IF a guy actually wants a nice piece of jewelry. But, most guys I have encountered don't seem to keen on it jumping in the car and picking out a ring at Peoples Jewelry store... I'd take him to Home Depot and buy him some tools, He's a roofer and loves his job. He might like that better honestly!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!