Do guys get "ghosted" more often than girls?

So this is kind of a follow up to my previous question about texting.
(FYI, he replied finally because let me tell you I thought me and him were gonna end just like that)

Do you think guys get "slowly ditched" a lot via text by girls? Or maybe we just don't hear about girls getting "ghosted" as often?

*Sorry, I know that I already posted the same question. But I accidentally selected only girls to answer for that one. And this question is set out for both genders to reply to, as it is my original intention.

• Yah man, guys get ghosted more often.
  • Naw, this kind of thing happens to girls quite frequently as well.
  • Haven't experienced what "ghosting" is. Oh how the gods favour me (✌🏼️😎).
    Vote C

521

Most Helpful Guy

• The Ghost can happen anytime anywhere to anybody. People just need to get used to it. People made fun of the Friend Zone when that term came out... this too is real for both genders.

• The Friend Zone isn't real. It's not a real thing until someone escapes it. Resistance is futile. The more you struggle against The Friend Zone, the tighter its grip.

Once you're rejected, you should either choose to be a friend, which might technically put one in The Friend Zone, but no one who is content there would use that term; or you should GTFO.

See my comment here:
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a35144-the-friend-zone-isn-t-real

• Who said anything about it not affecting me? Do you think I have never been turned down for a date before, or broken-up with?

• I try not to think too much... good reply... i read it again... i understand your point.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm texting someone (from either gender) and they consistently take several hours to text me back or don't text me back for days I'll stop reaching out and most times won't reply when they eventually feel like talking. I can understand if someone is just really busy, you know? But those people who are just letting my texts sit in their inbox and not even telling me "I can't talk" or "I'm not in the mood right now" (which is 100% acceptable). I literally just ignore them going forward because a lot of times I'll be reaching out at their urging and now they're just wasting my time. If they want to reopen that sort of communication we can discuss that in person.

• Omg then u and I share about the same temperament for these kinds if things πŸ˜‚

• Oh yah that's so common. Man I'm just really glad that I'm not alone in this texting business. πŸŒšπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

• A guy I gain feelings for I think he ghost me, last time he talk to me was in January. I would text him through February because he said I can text him as much as I want and he will response eventually and I ended contact before Valentine's day because I felt stupid showing too much interest in someone who ghost me. I don't know if he really did ghost me but I don't know how he can make up for this whole time ignoring me. I feel ghosting is only acceptable if the people is being too crazy or annoying (like you just started talking) but when feelings get involved. Its best to tell them straight up that your not planning to go anyway further than to waste months of their time wondering if you two will ever speak again.

What Guys Said 20

• I think guys get "ghosted" more often than girls due to the fact that guys usually pursue the girl whereas the girl usually doesn't pursue the guy.

• Well I don't know any specifics on number of guys or girls that get ghosted, but I'm a guy whose dated one girl and got ghosted. So so far I'm batting 1.000 in the ghosted department 😒. Can't comment who gets ghosted more, but all I know is it sucks. Also I'll say I didn't realize how common of a break up method ghosting was until it happened to me and I came on here and saw that it happens to a lot of other people. Its kinda sad really. I just wish the person who ghosts knew the pain it causes the other person.

• Yeah I do think guys might get ghosted more often. Girls these days don't straight up reject guys and just expect guys to take the hint.

• are people on this site serious? girls get ghosted all the time to the point where there's no point in even talking about it. guys just bitch about it more. i've ghosted at least 2 girls this month and its only 3/11

• I mean i date girls then when i feel like they aren't in to me, or like they are just boring ill stop talking to them or when i hit on a girl and she gets like "busy" i just assume she has moved on so i move on. maybe im the person ghosting but i feel like if you aren't showing me any signals im not going to wait for you to make up your mind. because after a date or two like are we into each other or not.

• I think we do. Girls do that letting down slowly kind of thing. Its sad that they just can't tell you in your face.

• dunno how often it happens to girls xD but to me it happeneda few times. I don't know how to answer this question other than logic tho. girls donΒ΄t make the first advance mostly so men are more likely to be ghosted xD

• Haha pretty sure that's how it goes.

• GAG polls about "who is the victim more frequently, men or women" will usually have predictable results, right? :)

• Yes we do the only kind of girls who get ghosted are the really clingy ones its not even about whether she is clingy or not cause we all know that all girls are clingy. There are just diff levels of it. And the crazy ones who keep stalking their ex.

• Yes. Women aren't man enough to say "I dont want to talk to you anymore"

• No stats here

• Since guys have to be the pursuers, yes. The ball is usually always in the girls court. Girls who approach guys can be ghosted, but that doesn't happen often.

• cruel reality faced by every men in the world

• of course we do, we have to learn how to deal with rejection more its just a part of life

• girls are more often than not unreliable.

• um yeah

• yeah, i feel like they do.. it's like, ghost recon with them

• Yes. Girls have way more options so they have their pick of the litter.

• How do they have more options when there are just as many girls as guys?

• Some people just salty or something. No need to take these things seriously. πŸ™‚

• eHappyCloud I wasn't trying to say anything is wrong with you thinking how you do.

• Definitely. *Forever alone face.*

What Girls Said 4

• Well, duh. Men are expected to "court" women. Of course guys are gonna get ghosted more.

• Girls get ghosted more honestly.

• I do not know if men get ghosted more, but I know I have done it when even a polite rejection seems like it would cause an argument.

• it is the same