When can you start referring to him as your boyfriend (or vice versa)?

If no one had actually said "let's date", or "let's be boyfriend and girlfriend", but you act in a way that you could be, what should you introduce each other as?

Can't exactly say "This is my friend, Ben", as it's clear that there's more, but saying "boyfriend" makes it sound more serious...

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I was kinda wondering this myself.. Some how i end up being the boyfriend shortly after we first have sex which is usually like the first night or two i see them.. becomes very fucking awkward when u have to say naw babe i ain't cuz i already got a girlfriend soo at times ill just be like im gay and thought maybe u could turn me back straight but nope u failed

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate this, are you guys dating or not? Stop wasting your time on someone who won't take things seriously because they will probably do that for the everything else in their life. Ask him, if he says he doesn't know then tell him to make up his mind. It seems like you like him so just take the step.

What Guys Said 4

• first off, I would try and clear that up with him and ask him are you two dating or not. You can always say " This is my partner, Ben" it sounds serious but not as serious as other labels.

• When i was a kid, it was after holding hands.
    When i was a young teen, it was after kissing. Later it became after sex.
    As an adult, i believe you need to have a talk.
    An exclusivity talk.

• Friends with benefits lol

• Well make it clear to him ur intention that you want to be his girlfriend. Because if he thinks he's your boyfriend, but you introduce him as your friend, it will hurt his soul.

What Girls Said 2

• talk about it, mostly someone say "I want more" and than you both talk and decide and done

• talk to him about it. should ask him "what should I introduce you as?"