Is this a valid dating technique: a person rejecting you just to see how you'd act around them afterwards... and then they ask you out?

Because of this reason:
Is this a valid dating technique: a person rejecting you just to see how you'd act around them afterwards...and then they ask you out?

• Yup... I get that...
  • That's messed up.

217

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because it shows if the guy is a psycho, and if he is there for the long term ( Good & Bad times)

If you reject a guy and he gets all red in the face starts smashing things up and tries to ruin your entire life, you can cross him of the list, when things get tough in your relationship he may acts like this.

If a guy deals with it like a man, doesn't get butt hurt and still shows respect towards you then you will see him as being a safer mate in the long term

Again it's all subconscious, women are more vulnerable thus test men's stability,

Men are not vulnerable at all and simply go for looks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm just psycho me all up front nowadays. Better to get em' prepared and it varies that they can handle me. Lmao.

What Guys Said 16

• That is true. But dating is not simple as that. Dating involves a lot more things. Different methods need to be used with different people. Success is not guaranteed each time. Failures are common. But you have to keep on working hard and changing your ways of charming for your partner.

• It is neither valid or invalid - so long as a person is not physically hurt, there can be no 'wrong' wayt to do something.

None the less, this is stupid.

• YES + agree it's messed up
    but married a jerk like this b/c the sex was great and no holds barred

• the question you're asking is fucked up. if you like someone be straight up guy or girl. no need to reject someone you want to care for.

but i always thought that quote from scrubs was saying that while you're dating and before you become exclusive you put on your best face and then slowly show them your true colors... which now that I've written this still sounds like a bad idea.

• It's a known fact (to a certain extent) that you want what you can't have

The grass always seems greener on the other side... the objective then becomes how bright can you make that green

• Not. At. All.

• I think it's stupid. That's the main problem with dating and relationships. Be love hiding who they really are. I for one don't play that garbage. I let know the real me from the beginning. Take it or leave it!

• It's a lame and useless technique. If a girl ever did that to me I'd be gone so fast.

• Fuck that. If that's how a woman would act around me I'd tell her to fuck off.

• Why do we need techniques for dating lol.

• it's actually good if you want something serious.

• Is really a thing? wtf

• People do this all the time, and in my opinion it doesn't work for long lasting relationships.

• I doubt a woman will ask a man out, this must only be Men you are referring to?

• I think its completly valid , reaction after the rejection can say quite a bit about that person

• totally lame

What Girls Said 1

• Stupidest thing I ever heard.