friends with benefits relationship?

How do you end things with a FWB? I've been in this "situationship" for 3 months now. There are no issues between us but I feel myself starting to develop feelings for him the more we hang out. He's already told me that he wasn't interested in having a girlfriend and I was totally fine with that, but like I said, I'm starting to feel differently. I know these kinds of relationships aren't always necessarily healthy. I don't know if I should just not text or respond to him or should I just be honest with my feelings and tell him I'm not feeling the arrangement anymore. Please help!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell him you can't be friends with benefits anymore because you are getting feelings for him and you know that's not what he wants, and a real relationship is something you want (if it is) and that you want to just be friends

What Guys Said 3

• be honest and straight up both parties should understand it's not a commitment

• Let him know you are looking for something serious and give him a chance to share his feelings or lack of. He may just be comfortable with the hookup life and once you back off he may come crawling back. Just dont settle for anything that you dont want. And be honest with yourself when you see his repsonse. If he beats around the bush and doesn't give solid concrete answers he is full of it.

• Should I wait for him to text me first then reply with that or just text him out of the blue with it? We have a cycle where we hang out, then neither of us texts until one of us is bold enough to ask the other to hang out. lol

• Well she started getting very distant after job #2 started so I told her i was getting the vibe she wasn't feeling this anymore and she gave me the busy, exhausted thing and then "Idk I thought I wanted a relationship when when it started to get real I wasn't sure how I felt anymore" soooo I have sent a few here and there and barely get replies. I have a question on here about it but i can't post the link

• Oh okay. I'll check it out.

• friends with benefits, is impossible for me because i would get attached and have feelings...

What Girls Said 5

• I'm in the same boat. I tried to brush off my feelings for 4 YEARS. It doesn't work trust me. You can lie to yourself to just keep this "situation" going, but it'll kill you in the long run. Be honest with him from the get go and tell him you're developing feelings. If he isn't into it, then move on and find a guy that deserves your time.

• Just be honest with him, if you don't tell him, things will just get worse for you and you and your feelings might get stronger.

• Please just let him know. Don't ghost him like that. It's better to not leave him with questions, just tell the truth, he will appreciate you for it

• I don't think he cares either way to be honest. He seems prideful and is kinda nonchalant about most things. I'm like that too at times. We haven't talked since last week so I really don't know how I'm gonna tell him if I do.

• Just do it. Be better

• Be honest.

• Just say you're done

It's not a big deal and you won't hurt him