Is it weird I'm annoyed that my girlfriend won't stop looking I'm mirrors?

Every time we pass a mirror, or something that shows some sort of reflection, and she catches herself in it, she'll stop and look at herself or pose.. for about 10-15 seconds. I honestly used to not be annoyed with it.. But as we've gotten further into our relationship I can't stand it, and I try to tell her she doesn't need to look at herself all the time. That she is perfect... What else annoys me is she complains that she is so ugly and gross and stuff.. yet she stares at herself in the mirror or any of the sort.. and I'm just so irritated with it. Is this weird? I almost can't stand it..

It might be worth mentioning, she dresses up a lot.. and when I dress up and try and look good for her, she tears herself down and says she'll never pretty enough for me..

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls and guys are unchangeably insecure, or worry of their looks. While someone may say they look gross to prompt someone else to say something (many call it fishing), it's usually to get their actual opinion as means to reaffirm their worth and attractiveness, not to fuel their ego, as low self-esteem and negative self image often come from a lack of an ego. You should have a serious talk to her about it, and over time, get her to focus on looking pretty for herself rather than you. This destroys the codependent bond her positive self has to you. You find her beautiful, so her brain teaches itself to believe that she will only be beautiful because if you. It takes time, but getting her to break that bond is what'll help her

Most Helpful Girl

• It does sound pretty annoying, and it seems like she's insulting her own appearance to fish for compliments.

What Guys Said 2

• the guy below me has good advice.

How about reducing the amount of mirrors lol

• I think a lot of girls like looking in mirrors , there is girls at bars that go into the washroom to look at themselves and take pictures. so its somewhat common girl behaviour

What Girls Said 1

• You need to pick your fight s. This is an annoyinng quirk but nothing to get this upset over