My "boyfriend" and I do nothing else but have sex. No movie dates, no dinner dates, no dates in general. Is this even a relationship?

125

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't seem to be to me. Sounds more like a Fuck Buddy situation. I would have a conversation with him, you might be on two different pages.

Most Helpful Girl

• A relationship is what you make it for yourselves. If you feel there should be more and you emotionally need more than that, then for you its not really a relationship. But im sure there are some healthy/happy relationships that are just showing affection because everybody is into different things. Just talk to him about it.

What Guys Said 4

• Then it's more like friends with benefits. It's not a relationship if all you guys do is have sex & nothing else.

• yeah he's not really a "boyfriend " both using for sex. just talk to him and see if he wants something serious

• talk to him about it, ask if you can go out to dinner or just chill at home with a movie

• he's a fuck buddy. if a guy likes you, he would want to hang out with you

What Girls Said 11

• I'm sorry it's like that :/ I was in a relationship like that too. It depends on how the guy feels. In my case, the guy did love me but he just wasn't a very romantic person. I would just ask him

• That is not a relationship! Tell him how he feel! If he still doesn't listens to u and continues having sex with u, break up! Cuz he's just those type of guys that only cares bout sex and nothing else, so I advise u to tell him that u don't want to do only sex, that u want to go to movies and stuff. If he doesn't listen, he's not worth it, but I'm Pretty sure he'll understand..

• Definitely not. That's not really what a relationship looks like. Sex is only a part of a relationship, definitely not everything.

• Yes, but the focus seems to be sex. Ask him out on a date? See how you guys do outside the bedroom...

• Sounds like a friends with benefits relationship

• It's a relationship in some sense, but it doesn't sound like a good one for you. Have you talked to him about this?

• People are in "relationships" who don't even see eachother in real life.. I think it's only a relationship if u two decided it was but if you're not happy with it then talk to him or move on

• That is a friends with benefits.

• it sounds like sex friends

• That kind of thing gets incredibly boring fast. You need to speak to him - not as a beg to have money spent, but to have activities to do that build the depth of a relationship.

• There's a difference between being in love and just being in a relationship. Try asking him out on dates, see how things are without sex for bit. Be more passionate. Have some fun that's not in the bedroom and see how things are.