How long should you wait to start dating again after getting out of a relationship?

Like a relationship that only lasted a couple months or so. Not a long distance one.

By long distance I mean that not a lot of work was put into it, and it didn't last a long time

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no limit, have yourself some fun ☺️

Most Helpful Girl

• Time is everything. If you feel like it's the right time to get I to a relationship. Here's some advice do not immediately go out with someone after you've been dumped as it will make your ex think that the guy your dating a rebound. Just take it slowly. TRUST ME I've been in this situation before let time play it's role

What Guys Said 21

• Depends on you. Just don't let it be the end of you. If you really want to get back into it, I'd say a month, then try again. Just, make sure you've got an open mind. Don't try and plaster an image of what you want onto someone who isn't that. Go back into dating once you're sure you've got your head on straight.

• I am coming up on 4 years, could not give less of a shit at this point. My not-thinking-with-dick game is on point.

• As long as you don't take your new date with you to the breakup, you're fine. Zero overlap, but no waiting period.

• wait till u find the one who would help u get over the previous relationship in other words wait till u find someone worth it and someone better than ur previous bf!

• until you find someone who you really like. your heart should be not broken anymore just in case it might gonna be broke again and that will kill you

• Depends on who I meet and if I feel like it or not = anywhere from 2-3 hours to 44.5 years ( my current stretch) for me. As far as I know there is no rule written in stone.

• Whenever it feels right.

• One hour would be more than enough to move on and to start dating again.

• 1 year

• 5 days.

• till you are sure that you are ready to put yourself out there

• I would wait to i think the time is right maybe 6 months.

• Whenever you want to. There is no "should".

• As long as you need to

• you shouldn't wait at all tbh life is short have fun

• Almost... 3 minutes

• why not immediately !!

• you can't date anyone immediately after you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend unless you never really loved them. because that time you still have feelings for them, in my case it took me more than a year to forget my girlfriend and not think about her anymore.

• Its up to you really

• probably 24

• whenever you feel properly over the breakup would be best

• When you fall off get right back on the horse immediately. Just find a random guy and fuck. Get your confidence back. Stay on course.

What Girls Said 6

• Wait as long as you need to. Are you over him? If you found out tomorrow that he has a new girlfriend would you be happy for him, indifferent, jealous, mad? If he came back tomorrow and begged you to take him back, would you? Do you still think about him constantly?

• I dnt think there is a specific time. Whenever u feel ready :)

• Move on. Then you can date again.

• I would say wait until you felt ready

• i need a lot of time

• You don't have to wait if you find the right person just go for it but if you're not ready it OK its your choice