Guys? Why do you cheat?

what would be the reason you cheat on your current girlfriend with your ex girlfriend, not just once but 3 separate times.

223

Most Helpful Guy

• This does not excuse the behavior...

Everyone has some basic emotional needs, like recreational companionship (doing things together), physical affection (holding hands, kissing, etc.), words of affirmation (compliments, expressions of understanding, etc) and others. When you are first dating someone, you are very attune to their needs, almost like you can sense what they are thinking and then you act on it, effortlessly fulfilling their emotional desires.

Over time, we tend to take the other person's commitment for granted. We can't always read their needs, and it would take more effort to act on it if we did. We start to assume that the other person knows our needs, and is deliberately witholding their love from us, or worse yet, we think that if they really cared, they would already know what we meant, and would be doing it.

Instead of talking to them about it, and patiently explaining what we need in a patient and loving way, we grow more dissatisfied and distant.

Men and women tend to cheat because they aren't getting what they need or want from their partner, and they find someone else that seems more attuned to their needs and willing to connect with them.

Building an affair-proof relationship isn't rocket science, but it takes effort and commitment from both people. I recommend any book by Jon Gottman if you want to learn more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't.

What Guys Said 22

• I can only ask why do women cheat. Because I've had a women cheat on me even after getting engaged. I know how bad it can hurt, and how much one act can destroy trust I will not and can not cause that kind of hurt to a women I care about. That said I will not tolerate a woman cheating on me.

From what I've heard, mostly lack of love & or Lack of sex but an unwillingness to break up before starting to seek those things out again. I guess you can say also when it feels like the relationships ended with out ending. But nether party is willing to end it first.

• This is the reason guys cheat on you.

You probably want a guy with personality traits such as empathy, commitment, sensitivity, honesty, loyalty, morale integrity, emotionally supportivness, faithfulness, and willingness to compromise.
    You want a guy to fall for you because of your natural softness to your personality along with your nurturing spirit with is in the atmosphere when you are around.

If you picked one for any of those reasons then you wouldn't get cheated on YET...

You go to a dirty loud bar and when you pick a guy screaming at the sports channel because he's the most popular in a crowd. He's tall so he meets your height requirements. He's exciting and obnoxious so you won't call him boring and dump him.

Then you come to GAG and complain "ALL guys are awful" just like this topic.

• Guys cheat when girls are emotionally unstable. They really want out of the relationship but they feel they'll go into suicide if they break up with the girl. So they just do it behind their backs.

• I don't think I should have to say I'm not in any way condoning cheating in anyone. But this is G@G, so there's your disclamr.

Usually it's when the girl they're with is perfect in pretty much every way but they have this one HUGE lackluster area that the guy just can't get past. He doesn't want to leave her because, in every other way, she's flawless. But it's that ONE area that's just driving him crazy.

• I have never cheated and I like to think I never will. I have come close tho. the reason being just opportunity and being horny about someone. that's all it takes and it takes a lot to walk away from that. and that is why I value being monogamous so much because it takes a lot to commit. chances are that if someone cheats with an ex they want to have the kind of sex they had in the past. for whatever reason. maybe they don't like the sex now or they can't commit. I like to never see my ex again because I just can't handle any of the emotions coming up. but you can't force someone else to do that. find someone that likes to commit if that is important to you. not all guys cheat you know.

• well let's see, women can only get pregnant by 1 male, however males can impregnate multiple. it seems embedded in or biology. but, some guys are just dicks. take your pick. I'm the 1st. I would have a harem if I could.

• I never have and I HATE IT. but I have been cheated on by every girl I have been with in my whole life. so I think it's just a person to person thing...

• I don't cheat.

• If you're not having sex that's probably the number one reason to be honest with you. The second reason is that guys don't want to hurt you emotionally, because girls can really lose it when s guy breaks up with them, so on the surface they try to make everything seem fine

• I'd never cheat on my girlfriend :P
    But in my opinion, I think some guys would cheat for the same reasons a girl does it

• I don't have a current girlfriend or ex girlfriend. But if I did it would probably cause I miss being with that ex girlfriend and wanted to work things out whatever the reason was for us being broken up. I probably lost feelings for my current girlfriend still had feelings for my ex.

• Women? Why do you cheat?

• I have never cheated

• Well some people are sick... maybe he likes his ex more... not because she is better its because she is harder to be reached... just an example... not experienced tbh sorry

• Was never serious to begin with

• cheating is just somone being selfish and dishonest

• same reason girls cheat

• If she's not going to put in any effort to sexually satisfy our relationship, then I'll just get it from somebody else.

• I did cheat more than once, the main reason was lack of sex but not only that, I also felt I wasn´t sexually attractive to her anymore, my self steem went down to 0. I told her a few weeks later.. Things didn´t get better but after some months we get over it. There is never a good excuse to cheat on someone, before doing that the best thing is to speack out your concerns and DON´T CHEAT, just talk, talk, until your partner listen to you, and if it doesn´t happen, if you don´t reach to any agreement with your SO it just means is time to break up and find someone who really wants to be with you. Just to clear off, I did sex cam, at first I tought it wasn´t worst than actually doing it physically, after I made a pole here on GaG and many researchs in Internet, I found it has the same impact as physically cheating with someone.

• Variety

• I'd rather break up. But if i'm cheating it's probably because she isn't attractive to me anymore. That's all

• I'm pretty sure women are much more likely to cheat, go look up the statistics.

What Girls Said 1

• "You are only as faithful as your options"