Is the guy I'm "seeing" still not over his ex? Am I the rebound? Please help?

I've been seeing and texting a guy for the last month, we started talking and we instantly clicked, I new him from around my area. He's lovely and I do really like him, problem is he's only out of a 4 year relationship since the very end of January. He said she broke it off with him but they did drift away from each other. She comes up sometimes in our conversations which is annoying, he only see 's me once a week but texts me everyday and we talk for hours. He's quite shy, but he's starting to get comfortable with me. We have been out to each other about 5 times.. we went on a walk and drives and we have had sex twice. He never wants to do anything with me like dinner I cinema, and we only see each other about 7pm. He said he really likes me but wants to take it slow. He said he isn't looking for a relationship, which I do understand. But I am starting to get a gut feeling I'm a rebound, and I'm worried incase I do start to really like him I'm just going to get hurt. He says he can't delete there pictures off his Facebook etc because she will ring him up and go "mad"? He's 26 and I'm 23. What should I do? I feel weird about the situation but I don't want to say anything to him incase he thinks I'm being weird. We get on great and I'm very comfortable and happy around him. Any advice?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that people like this, as long as they had important stories and stuff... once it is over, they must move along ! I mean, going to the cinema or just having a meal out doesn't mean you are taking it fast, the main thing is just be fair, but then I don't see that big problem in doing those things, even if he don't want to get engaged too fast. He had sex with you... but then going to the cinema is going fast? hahah the weird one is him ! I think you must be honest with him, and saying that if he still stuck into his ex... bye bye then !

• Do you think I should just say " do you still have feelings for your ex"? 😕 I feel like it's the right guy but wrong time. I'm just worried for myself because I had my heart broken before. I don't want to get hurt or let down again, he won't do anything active with me. Like actually going on dates. It's just one walk, and 3 drives in his car. And went to his twice. And straight after we watch a film in his , I have to leave. I only get like 2 hours with him and he gets his coat and drops me home straight away

• I think that you might have your feelings hurted again if this situation would keep going, and maybe in the long run when you think he is the right one, he would get back to her ex. You are still at the beginning in some way, so you need to know what he wants. 4 years ago I had a similar experience witha girl, she had a 3 years long story... then they broke and she was single since 7 months, I courted on her with kindness, after 4 more months I asked her if she wanted to get engaged with me.. she denied saying that "she wasn't ready for another story"... but.. after 11 days.. I swear 11 days... she got engaged with another guy lol ! I understand she can't erase the pics he has on his social, but if it's a past story, it's just gone ! You can wait a little but I think if he keeps acting like that... you must be clear and tell him you can't wait for him keep crawling in incertitude.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol. I sort of dated a guy like that. He constantly complained about his ex. I dislike people who do that and I considered the possibility that he is not over her yet, even though he kept telling me otherwise. I stopped seeing him because I felt more like his psychologist, rather than a girl he was dating.

What Guys Said 2

• Stick it out. I was in that situation and, in the long run, I loved the rebound and she broke my heart after I broke hers.

• You are a rebound. You gave up the cookie too soon.

• It was about 3 weeks into it tho. Was that too soon?😕

• I think so. He mentions his ex, you said you two do not really do much and then there the pics plus he does not want a relationship.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!