If I don't feel "butterflies" when I'm with someone, does it means I'm not in love?

I'm dating a very nice guy, I like his company but I don't feel "butterflies" when I'm with him. I used to feel that a lot with my ex (who was my first love).

Does it means I'm not in love with him?

• Yes, you're not in love
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that's what it means. I wouldn't suggest breaking up though, because truthfully, it is very rare (once or twice in a lifetime) to ever actually fall in love with someone. I only have once and have never felt quite that way about anyone else before or after.

• I don't know, I miss feeling passion and stuff. I don't like being in a relationship where we are like "friends"

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't realise I was in love with my boyfriend until we took a hiatus and I realised how much it hurt to think that he made so much of my life happy and I was going to lose him.

What Guys Said 3

• It could mean that you don't have feelings past friendship with him. It happens a lot where two people are dating & one of them doesn't have feelings that can't move past the friendship level. If that's the way you feeling, you should tell him that & remain friends if possible. His feelings could get hurt but it's better knowing now then leading him on & waiting til a good time.

• only you know weather or not you love someone. Your first love is going to be a high standards for any other guy to compete with. Do judge your current relationship to your past ones as Al that does is bring doubt into things.

• It might just mean your confident

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, you're not in love