Why would a girlfriend lie to your face?

Why would a girlfriend lie to your face about what she was doing? and be so convincing about it. like not even showing any visible signs that she lied?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. If I don't want my friends with benefits to know something I'll tell him that I'm not going to tell him that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've got news for you. Many (MANY) people lie to each other all the time. Even about stupid unimportant stuff. Somehow, honesty isn't valued much anymore.

What Girls Said 3

• Either she's manipulative or she really doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

• She really doesn't want you to know what she did.

• can she like/love you and lie?

• do they regret being sketch and lying? *after being caught)

• I've never done something to hurt my partner so I wouldn't know personally. But if she loves you then yes, she'll regret it

• Because she didn't want to tell you what she was doing, why do people lie? Because they don't want to tell the truth? What kind of question smh

• why be in a relationship if you are going to be sketchy and lie, and when caught beg for forgiveness? whats the point

What Guys Said 1

• She lied to avoid what she thought would have happened if she had told you the truth. What would have happened?

• but she said it convincingly, like she didn't even act guilty when she said it
      is that weird, she didn't even act guilty

• Some people are really good at lying, and most people are really bad at detecting lies.

• whats the point of lying in a relationship?