Who should pay on the first date?

• Man
  • Woman
  • Both (Splitting bills)
    Vote C
  • The one who invited first
    Vote D
  • Others (Your own thoughts)
    Vote E
  • The one who has money.
    Vote F
Select a gender to cast your vote:

921

Most Helpful Guy

• I am very old fashioned (big surprise!) and the guy always pays.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have Never had a Problem with The... Man paying on our First Date.
    It shows what a Gem of a Gent he is. xx

What Guys Said 20

• I would rather no one have to pay for anything.. instead go on a first date with no cost so that no one will have to worry about this bullshit question all the time. You go on dates to have fun together.. not to provide for them. You can always show that you like a person without having to pay for them, such as lunch or dinner out.

• In an ideal world, it should be whoever initiated. However, since in our current society, men are FORCED to initiate 95% of the time, that's hardly a fair rule.

Until women get off their lazy asses and start pursuing us just as often as we pursue them, it's only fair for everyone to pay for themselves.

• The one who invited first or both splitting the bill. Probably both splitting the bill. It depends on how the date is going and how well you know each other and so on. It's not cut and dry. If both parties accepted to the date then they should both help pay for it unless one wants to be charitable and say, "It's okay, I got this. Don't worry about it." Whether it'd be a man or a woman that says it. I don't feel weak or inferior if a woman wants to pay on the first date. I just respect it and return the favor next time. That's my take on who pays on the first date.

• First date should be split. Otherwise you have tinder whores using tinder to get free food.

• Woman

• I'd say the chick should pay

• a guy should ALWAYS pay... always...

• you got me fucked up if you expect me to pay for you if you asked me out but I would offer to split it. in the real world tho that's hardly ever happens because guys are the one's expected to approach and initiate damn near everything

• The Man should pay for the date.

• A scenic walk is a wonderful first date.

• Each one should pay their own bill. Gifting should only be done from the heart - e. g. out of love; out of appreciation for a favour; as a donation to the poor etc.
    Gifting because "he/she expected me to" shows a lack of spine.

• the woman 😡

• I have voted for the one who has invited first but because times has changed don't expect it will be always like this so you won;t be dissapointed when the other doesn't wnat to pay for both of you

• Man at first date (s). Then splitting bills.

• Always be prepared to pay for your own things, so that if you are forced to you can, and if you don't have to, it won't be such a blow to the other part.

• The woman should or I won't date her.

• I always followed the tradition of the man paying.

• the guy should

• Whoever offers first or if they agree to split the bill. It's not the man's responsibility of the woman's, whoever offers first pays.

• I don't know why like this question askd?
    Who cares who pay first?
    what is the problem with that?

I am from Saudi Arabia.. why don't we ask like this questions?

What Girls Said 8

• I prefer to pay for my own share of the bill, then if the date didn't work out neither of us would feel obligated to go on a second date.

If he payed and I didn't want to see him again then I'd feel guilty in case he assumed I'd taken advantage of his kindness

If we got on well , and he insisted on paying for the second date then I'd insist that I pay the next time. It's unfair for one person to always be 'footing the bill"

• Automatically one would say a MAN, but then if you answer this way, there is a bunch of Men that would get butthurt saying YOU WOMEN JUST WANT OUR MONEY, and on the other hand there will be a bunch of mad Feminists saying i'm old fashion and I'm an Idiot and WOMEN got power yaddah yaddah.

So according to me, whoever invited the person might pay for the bill :)

• Both, each should pay for what they had. Afterwards, when you have a closer bond, I don't see a problem with paying for each other but I think it's best to pay for yourself in the first date.

• The one who offers to pay for it lol. If the guy doesn't want to pay for your bill then pay for your own. It's the 21st century

• I pay mine, he pays his. Having him pay would make me feel bad and gold diggery, and going halfsies would mean one of us might get screwed up.

• The man. Duh. If he doesn't pay the bill, there won't be a second date. Guaranteed.

• Men, I don't even understand how is this a question seriously? It's only the first date no big deal. It's not like she's asking for men to pay every date.

• whoever asked out.
    my boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 months (been official for one though) and we always fight for the bill. if he clearly says he's inviting me though I don't pay. and vice versa.
    if it isn't clear who asked who out, try grabbing the check and if he won't let you at least ask to split the bill. He might not want to if he's a hardcore gentleman, but he'll enjoy the gesture. :)