Feeling confused. Should I stay or leave?

I've been dating this guy for 6 months now. The issue is that when i said i loved him and he said it back, he hasn't been able to say it back without flinching. Even once saying that he doesn't feel as strongly for me as i do for him. He also refuses to acknowledge that we're boyfriend and girlfriend, saying he doesn't like the term. Yet i introduced myself to one of his friends as his girlfriend and he didn't have a problem with it. It's almost like there are moments where he's perfect for me, while other times he doesn't care. I don't feel safe or loved within the relationship. I asked him to tell me that he wants me to stay, that he can see a future with me, and the answer to that question varies depending on how he's feeling at the time. He's also jealous of any male friends i have, yet i'm expected to tolerate him saying 'love you always xxx' to one of his female friends. Yet he can't even say it to me.

Now i've started talking to another guy at work. He makes me laugh, he isn't afraid to approach me to talk to me, no matter who's around, and he isn't afraid to make a fool of himself to me. He messages me for hours, and states that he's excited to see me, and messages me each day even if we've seen each other at work. Whereas the current guy i'm dating won't call me, or refuses to carry on a conversation (sometimes hours between each reply, days or weeks if we've had an argument), yet he'll talk for hours with his 'friend'.

I'm in love with the guy i'm currently seeing, yet he doesn't make me feel secure in the relationship and i know i can't force him to act the way i want him to with me. Whereas this other guy is so open and genuinely happy to talk to me, it's a breath of fresh air.

I honestly don't know what to do. I'm torn because i want to stay for the hope that he'll be the person that i know he can be, who he is from time to time. Not the version where he threatens to end things after every argument.

What should i do? :/

• Stay
  • Leave
  • Other
    Vote C

02

What Guys Said 2

• If he loves you he will not let you go.. and if he doesn't it is better you stay away..

• I would say, Go talk to him.. open up yourself and ask him to do him the same..

What Girls Said 0