Which childhood sounds more worse in your ears?

- two parents who do drugs, getting a gun to your head, living on the street, after that living in foster homes since at the age 6 and going back home at the age of 21.

- Living with a mother who emotionally abuses you, hits/bites/ you, going through severe illnes treatment in your teens (12-16), an isolated childhood, mother wasn't very social and the kids lived very isolated, always in the house, single mother who started hearing voices when her daughter was 14 years old and afterwards the girl has to take care of herself.

Number one is a girl who i know and she keeps saying i have been through more then you and number two is me.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. Naturally, I want to say number 1, but everyone responds to problems differently. We can talk about our experiences all we want, but we don't know the personal experience first hand. Getting a gun to the head and going through foster care system is pretty harsh.
    However, dealing with a potentially mentally ill mother and having to deal with my own emotions with no help whatsoever seems just as bad.
    You can't compare these types of problems because they can have those same drastic effect on people.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are both equally as bad. Both are different circumstances , but both toxic horrendous environments to be raised in. Both kids are facing neglect and abuse , they are both in situations that will have a detrimental effect on both of their mental, physical , emotional and psychological state.

You can't differentiate between two. You can't compare two different traumatic experiences. The after effects will have the same impact on both of you

It's very immature and naive of her to say her situation is worse than yours. It's like she's proud of her situation lol

What Guys Said 3

• They're both pretty bad but one is probably worse cause they're on drugs. I can relate with you tho, went through something similar

• I don't know they both sound equally bad to me

• Number 1 because number 2 as soon as they turn 18 can have there mom Comitted to a mental health hospital

• thats not easy

• Sure it is you just have to be willing to lie in court and bribe the right people come to think of it she could just get proof of the abuse and have her sent to prison then she could get legally imasipated and live on her own

What Girls Said 1

• Both do but number two more