Are mens dating standards more achievable/realistic than womens?

918

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, men who usually date down meaning they can care less if a woman has a car, job, and looks good as long as she treats him right. a lot of women would prefer someone who is more financial stable, looks good and is affectionate towards them. But you do have some guys who are picky when they do not have themselves together.

Most Helpful Guy

• i have been on two dating sites for around four years or so. I finally gave up on contacting women first as it is a waste of time and put in my profile that if they would like to talk to me please contact me.

Most want a guy with money and loves to travel. However, I can tell by looking at the inside of their house where they took the profile pics these women are not financially well-off and the most travel they do is a couple trips a week to Walmart.

I sometimes get a message from women that say something like, "We are not a good fit" or something like that. I have to wonder how they came to that conclusion as we have never met lol

There is nothing like getting out among people to meet people. There is where you will find that someone who will touch that mystery spot that makes you want to be together :)

What Girls Said 8

• Absolutely not.. you guys expect perfection.

• It's likely. I know my standards are excessively high in order to avoid getting hurt like I have before. :V

• Men usually like attributes that pertain to fitness, hair color/length, make up, and hygiene, whereas women go for height and personality, which are sort of hard to change

• It depends on what the standards are for both sexes.

• Don't confuse banging standards with dating standards. Most women take what they can get as long he is not a cheater.

• Personally, I don't think so. It's more common for a guy to want a skinny, curvy gorgeous girl. Girls tend to be more open to the way guys look as long as they're sweet, good guys (in my opinion)

• Lol yes i think so. Because women tend to have a more complicated definition of what they want, whereas men have simpler standards.
    it might also be 50/50, as some women do have quite simple stipulations as to what they desire.

• Men's criteria:

1) has a Pussy
    2) makes sandwiches

Obviously they're low -- and insulting

• It is depending, you are a little bit funny ๐Ÿ˜‚

What Guys Said 17

• Overall I would say yes. Most Women want men who are already well established and have their life together. They also want men to accept the women in whatever state of their lives they are in and be happy with that.

• I mean... technically yeah lol Most men just require the woman to be kind, fun, not fat, and at least have a job, but not necessarily the greatest job.
    Women demand much more on men. Just on looks alone, considering you have to work hard for months/years to look like they want you to look like, while for us men we just don't want them to eat more than they should xD

But I think overall, for most men and women, both standards are achievable.

• No, you look out in the street and you see so many ordinary couples that it's impossible to say one gender's standard is higher or lower than the other. Different... yes.

• Men want sex + fun
    Female want money + clothes.

please get offended

• Overall, I think men's standards are easier to mert.

• Men's standard:

Banging grade:
    #1 has pussy
    #2 decent looking body

Dating grade: Banging grade and
    #3 good looking face
    #4 not crazy

Marriage candidate: Dating grade and
    #5 has a decent brain.
    #6 actually cares about family.
    #7 not a complete slacker.

• Yes. Men's standards are far easier to achieve than women's standards for men.

• definitely xD
    what guys want: boobs. what do they bring to the table? money, shelter, a provider.

what do girls want: money, shelter, a provider. what do they bring to the table? boobs.

• Yeah woman want the prince fantasy they can't have. Men know woman can't meet all standards so they just accept.

• Both have stupid unrealistic standards actually๐Ÿ˜‚

• yes..

• Yeah, girls are more picky, despite what they say.

• Girl's prey on a guy's weakness.
      I was almost totally destroyed by women.

• Women think men should always initiate even though they are the one who is interested in the guys. If men are like jobs, women sure will be jobless and starve to death.

• it depends everyone is different , I'd imagine most women would have an easier time fulfilling them though than some guys would

• How is this even a question?

• Yes, most men are fine with a girl whos simply not ugly or crazy

• Men usually don't expect more from the woman than the man himself brings to the table.
    Women usually expect MUCH more from the man than she brings to the table.
    Table meaning relationship here.