Would you date a pilot who travels for days and do not have time to communicate a lot with you?

• Yes
    56%(14)60%(27)Vote65%(13)
  • No
    44%(11)40%(18)Vote35%(7)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I would.

by the way, I tutored several families where the mothers were flight attendants. They were gone for days at a time, with very little time to contact their families. The husbands were generally OK with it.

I also tutored many Korean students who were in America with their mothers to learn English. The moms would spend months, even years at a time separated from their husbands. Honestly, it seemed like many of those marriages were much more like partnerships, almost company mergers. Mind you, I never delved very deeply into their affairs. The mothers didn't seem very broken up about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think I can do it. I would miss him too much and feel really lonely when he's not around. In my opinion, frequent communication is vital in a relationship.

What Guys Said 10

• I know lots of gals loving travel & have hands full with a business that only needs a man's help every three days as well as time for romance, so swamped are they.

That said, a gal pilot could work for me as well IF I didn't have a lonely job 24/7. I think it's THIS that needs to change for you to get on board this very good deal!

• IN reading your space responses, learning more about you & medical job makes sense that a pilot is not for you, nor would be a doctor (less so - doesn't even take out the garbage). I feel your job "as is" is overwhelming and having kids would be a huge hurtle w/o full time souse help. I'll go further to say that YOU need full time help/comfort after taking care of others, perhaps for long demanding shifts.

If you need such care to live a normal family life and not require big bucks, then your focus should be more on work-at-home Dads that love families and caretaking. Some of these work the IT industry, others are established artists (think - in the broadest sense). College professors, et al. another type that fills this criteria + partial summers off for family vacations.

• Yes u should.

Coz how u know? Maybe he fall in love with u and willing to sacrifice Fr u. Maybe change career for u

• Here we go... oh you women --> sitting there day dreaming. Buttercup, this pilot is the best you're going to get... Second, I would date someone based on how much potential we have for each other, not their job. Stand by them regardless

• No, I wouldn't.

• I wouldn't, pilots tend to be drunks if he's commerical and let's not take into account all the tail he will be getting on those layovers.

• Sure. I'm the opposite of clingy so I might prefer that kind of arrangement. Who knows? I haven't done all that much dating.

• If you don't mind, read my response.

Out of curiosity, how would you feel about being separated from your spouse and kids for months or even years?

• @Bluemax I can't imagine what it would be like to be separated from my kids because I've never had any. I can't imagine it would be a good feeling to not watch them grow up. I wasn't really thinking about kids when I answered this question.

I interpreted days to mean like less than a week just due to the time scale. If she meant more I'd imagine she'd say weeks or years. But yeah, I'd have problems with long term separation.

• My Dad was a pilot

• a military pilot sure but not a civilian pilot.

• Why not civilian?

• @Bluemax Military pilots are around more or at least easier to be with since they are only gone when they are deployed like any other soldier.

With civilian pilots they're gone all the time their entire life is basically like what deployment would be for a military pilot in terms of flying time.

• no, probably not

• Yeah as long as she is fine with me only working part time so I can take care of the house and kids more when she is away.
    Oh, and I want kinky fun femdom sex with her when she is home.
    Sound reasonable to you?

• Fair enough but we just started dating. He goes on very long trips and can not text me a lot. Im kinda thinking about quitting

• I do not know. I feel left alone and I think this will be a big problem in future

• Talk to him about it and see if he is willing to change that, or if he is determined to keep things that way. Tell him that you feel so alone sometimes and it makes you feel bad.

What Girls Said 5

• Ideal! ... and free travel!

• Exactly! Who cares if he's not there to raise the kids... Free travel yey!

• Nope.

• Why?

• @Sabinath Woah, a 16 year old random boy from the internet answering for me... How sweet of you.

OP, I don't like it when I can't contact my significant other. I need communication or else I get bored and my feelings for them die.

• No problem.. just saving your time.

• yes if i found him attractive with good personality

• I like to be left alone.

• No cause Like hello

• Lmao You're funny but why?

• quit just after the free travels ofc!

• Yeah bc he will never give affection if he's busy in the sky 😓😒