We can't date because our parents used to?

Do me and this guy who I have just recently met up with a couple of times met as our parents used to date about 6 years ago (for about 1 year) we didn't really meet up but just recently we have and things have gotten heated and we have spoken about 'feelings' and if we eventually develop them if/how we would tell our parents or even if it would work. He said he feels bad to be tell his Dad and doesn't think he ever could. Does anyone have any opinions or advice that would help me out please !!

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up in a small town my mom had a class of 5 in her high school graduating class. I had 80 and I went to a different town but lived directly across the street from my grandmother. If everyone operated by these you can't break up with me and then date my friend by accident or on purpose, we would of been gone a long time ago. I actually had that happen to me, I guess that my x expected me to recognize her friend off of okcupid. live your life and you should be thinking about how to get her in bed not worry about some senseless bullshit.

Most Helpful Girl

• YOLO. If it ends badly, you never have to see him again. If he ends up being your forever person, you have some really awkward/sitcom-like family dinners in your future.

What Guys Said 3

• do you mean your in a situation where your parents faced it when your parents were seeing each other?

• I fucked a family friend that her mom and my dad used to fuck right before my mom and dad got together. who cares. live your life.

• You don't need to tell anyone it's your private life and has sod all to do with anyone else as long as you're both happy that's all that matters in the world

What Girls Said 2

• If your parents relationship ended pretty badly.. i dont think it'll be right for you to date.
    But if thats the other case, then i say go for it.
    But, meeting an ex is pretty... awkward

• you can too