No Contact but have an event to go to with my ex! Help?

So, my ex and I have been broken up for two months. She left me because she believed she was too young to settle down and wanted to try being single in NYC (we're 21).

The first month we were still hanging out and drinking. Having sex. It was bad. I know.

I've been no contact for a few weeks now, but Monday we have a reading to go to together. We bought the tickets months in advance. I don't want to have to skip it, but I don't want to have to break no contact. I don't know what to do. We have seats next to each other. Should I just go and be super nice? I know she's gonna try to hangout afterwards.

11

What Girls Said 1

• You should go on your own and if she goes, try to be polite to her. Don't be super nice, but there is no need to be rude either.

• The issue is that it's really impossible to go without her. She'll need to get her ticket from me, and sit next to me. I'll try and be as nonchalant as possible, I suppose. Show her I've moved on.

What Guys Said 1

• One of my ex's asked me to be her date to a wedding after we had been broken up for a month. The strangest part was she was already dating another guy. Her reason she gave me was that I was way better at formal events and she felt less embarrassed if she went with me.
    Anyway I agreed and we tried to be as informal but still not casual as possible. I basicly acted like it was the first time we had been together.