Would you consider dating someone who has a kid?

• Yes
    29%(9)43%(22)Vote65%(13)
  • No
    61%(19)51%(26)Vote35%(7)
  • Other
    10%(3)6%(3)Vote0%(0)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Please don't just comment "no". There's literally an option for that
Seriously, there's a option for no.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would consider it. . . a bad idea.

• If the father was dead then it would be fine.
      If not, then I wouldn't want the girl being around him for anything except for exchanging the kid. I don't want someone I am dating to be friends with an ex, whether they have kids or not.
      That is my main concern.

• So you wouldn't be bothered as much by the kid but you be bothered more if the father was still involved? Just wanna make sure I understand

• Yeah. I just wouldn't want my mate to be around her ex.
      I get along well with kids and they usually like me quite a bit. I am the favorite after school teacher of many students at my elementary school.
      A few seriously dislike me though, but way more have lots of fun with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer not to, but if it happens, it happens.
    I was kind of born into a blended family (long story), and unfortunately, I had a sibling that made it difficult for everybody to live happily. She's just a big ball of stress and unhappiness, and for that reason, I wouldn't want to risk putting my future kids through what I've had to go through.

What Guys Said 6

• Nope I'll never go for something like that with any woman & won't waste any time with trying to become some type of father figure. Because I have much more important things to deal with than me having to date anyone at all; even when they have kids with them. Right now I'm focusing on fixing myself up with many things that I need to take care of before worrying my love life right now.

• No way.

• Yes if I Love someone I Love someone.

• nopes

• At my age definitely not.

• Nope.

What Girls Said 17

• Yes ❤️
    I love kids and how the toughest guy can turn into the most soft guy in the world when their kid is around ☺️

• No , Im no where near ready for my own kids let alone someone else's. I dont have time for a spouses baby mother , helping out with kids , then the possibility of getting attached knowing it may not work out with my spouse, etc. I can't do the step parent role so I wouldn't put myself in that position.

• How about if he kept his romantic life separate from home life? Or if his kid was already in high school

• If we were in a romantic relationship , it'd be a bit weird if he never brought me home or had me meet anyone in his house after years of dating. Either way, I wouldn't be up for dating someone with children

• Nope. I might be 25 but I am no where near mature enough to co-parent a child. Also, I don't know if I'm secure enough to compete for the attention and be the obvious second, as selfish as that sounds.

• Not at all. I'm just 20 and not ready for all that baggage. I might consider that when I'm really old like 30-35
    But then guys who have kids would be mostly 25+ so that's above my preferred age range.

• No. Sounds horrid. I can't deal with that and it wouldn't be fair to the kid.

• Nope.

• I did and I won't do that again... too much drama

• Yeah, its not a big deal

• At my current age, probably not. If I'm still single in my late 30s I'll have to be a bit realistic and understand most single men my age probably have kids

• Not at my age

• My boyfreind is 46 and he has couple kids. All of them are grown up now

• Lol the updates are soooo funny.

• I would consider it

• yes but probably in a year or 2 later.. lol not now..

• No, I don't see myself as a parental figure

• maybe

• not at my age