Do you think there really is someone for EVERYONE?

I mean... let's just assume by "everyone", we're talking about every person in the world 18 years old, or older.

I think this is a big assumption. There might be someone for 99 percent of the population, but certainly not everyone.

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if there is someone for everyone, finding the right someone at the right time seems a little astronomical, statistically speaking.

However, even believing that is true, I still find it highly probable that people find each other and make a go of it relationship-wise successfully. every day. Every day, this occurs.

People who are actively searching for a someone to be in a relationship with, can find someone. I truly believe that. I just think with some of these people it takes more time. And for some, sometimes means never.

But generally speaking, I think it works. I think people find someone that it works with, given time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know, but with billions of people on the planet, it seems like the probability is rather good that there's going to be at least one person out there for someone who might be reasonably compatible.

I'm not a fan of these types of fluffy sayings so much, but this one isn't bad as I see it if it gets someone to put themselves out there and socialize. At least that person is then taking the proper course of action to maximize their probability of finding someone. Otherwise even a person who has some fighting chance will weight their odds towards 0% if they don't socialize and just wait around twiddling their thumbs.

One of my least favorites is, "Just wait and you'll meet that special someone." That's horrible advice as I see it, since most of us can't just wait around, fail to socialize, expect to meet someone great, and furthermore, expect them to like us back.

• Socializing has turned more into dating applications, and websites though. Going out in public is considered "creepy", because we're guys.

I just don't agree with any saying which says EVERYONE.

• Same, I'm sure there is at least some people out there who have 0% chance of finding someone. But it's not a truthful statement as I see it. It's a statement that is intended to motivate people. "Fluffy" statement. I generally dislike those -- their concern is never truth. This one doesn't bug me as much as some of the others though. The very worst ones in my opinion are like:

- You can achieve anything if you set your mind to it. (I consider this a harmful idea to youth)
      - Everyone is a winner who tries their best. (Very related to above)

Neither of these are true but I think these are the worst since they don't necessary even motivate people in a good direction.

• Another one I really dislike as mentioned above is "Just wait and you'll meet someone special".

That's horrible because, in spite of being untrue, it doesn't even motivate people in the right direction. It's horrible even from a motivational standpoint. I prefer something like this:

- Go out there and mingle. Socialize and interact with people, network, and your probability of finding someone compatible as a mate will typically be at its highest.

It's not quite as catchy though, but I think this is both true and motivational.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I think so.
    But keep in mind some people just don't want a partner.
    Example would be: devoted doctor, or navy and so on.

• Nooo. Some people are so vile that most people couldn't stand to be around them

• I think that there is someone for everyone even if it's an animal such as a companion not in a bad way I think everyone has someone to love

What Guys Said 5

• I agree, some people were meant to be alone.

• No, I don't. People die alone all the time and life is unpredictable. There are many who will die single.

• not for me

• Look at it this way, of honey booboos mom could find someone... There's someone for everyone.

• Really, she's not as bad of a case I've seen with many other people. I've seen women I find LESS attractive, and more annoying.

• There has to be, right? I believe there's a soul mate for everyone.