Is it better to be the hot girl that gets lots of attention from guys or the cute one that only gets occasional attention from quieter guys?

I have a hot friend who gets guys staring at her and flirting with her all the time. I admit I feel both happy for her and a bit jealous. I'm more the cute, reserved type and I only get occasional interest from guys (like once or twice a year), but they tend to be less sexually aggressive and more nice guys who want to get to know me. I feel insecure around her, but another friend told me that I'm lucky I don't get guys leering at me.

516

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it is beter to be the shy one cause you get to know the guys a bit before hand. I'm guessing that your hot freind only gets to know a few guys personally also. The rest are just play things or people to praise her. She does not know them and won't get to know them. If she is a one night stand kind of girl then she does not even get to know the guys she makes love with that much. Where as you get the guys you get to know more.
    Honestly having a few hot female freinds. I can tell you that you are lucky they are seeing her as mostly just a sexual thing. The guys that like you I'm guessing usually show that they are into you more for than just your body.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better to be the cute one with occasional attention. I've been in your shoes before and every guy who wanted to be involved with her just wanted sex. They'd have a girlfriend, not over their ex so just using her as a rebound, etc. she mostly did it to herself because she portrayed herself to be that type of girl... which she was. Many guys don't approach me in that way but they'd speak and be friendly.

What Guys Said 15

• Generally it's better to get more attention, because you get more of all types of attention. Now if specifically you're only getting attention for looking like you'll hook up, that's a little different.

• All of the very beautiful women whom I personally know have trouble with men, even though all of those women have average or above-average personalities.

• Just be yourself. If you try to be something you are not, then it will be awkward. Relax and enjoy life. When I was a teenager, I always wanted the super smoking hot girl. As I have gotten older, the more low-key woman who has it all together is far more attractive. Much less drama too.

• You'll be a lot better respected and treated as not just a sex object. I'm not a quiet guy but cute girls really brighten my day, and I hope someday to provide the right kind of affection for one. You'll find the right guy and get the right kind of affection at some point :)

• Depends on how you feel about being sexualized by guys. If you wanna be seen as little more than a glorified sex doll, then sure, be jealous of your friend. If you want something more meaningful, then don't be insecure.

• Guys want the cute hot girls for relationships... so if you want a relationship, then you're good.

• Cute and simple girls are better.
    Hot girls means they will go out with just about anyone.
    Another problem of hot girls is that it feels they enjoy multiple partners

• What do you want? You take the good with the bad. Is the bad worth more attention?

If you want more attention you may have to make the first move on guys when with your friend.

• The cute girl as she looks like the type that the average guy can go up to and start a conversation with. I prefer girls who are cute and reserved and are easier to get to know over time.

• 2nd one

• Definitely cute.

• Getting a lot of attention isn't always a good thing. Your friend could feel annoyed and hopefully she won't attract psychos and stalkers. This is why hot guys like myself always stay home so I won't get any of that. But to answer your question, I prefer cute and quite type of girls.

• Huh, funny you say that. She has attracted some messed up guys recently. Nice to hear hot guys can go for cute girls. I one commented to my hot cousin that a guy across a restaurant was very good looking, like model good looking. I wasn't planning on talking to him or anything, but she looked at me and said, "You shouldn't get interested in guys like him. You're the cute type. Guys like him wouldn't want a cute girl." So yeah, she basically told me to know my place.

• "Hot" is just the outside, it doesn't interfere with what a person likes inside

• I prefer the cute type. I find these kind of girls to be more natural and genuine. I'm also more quiet when approaching girls and in all honesty, every girl I've dated says how great I am, because I am ;)

Remember, it's not about the quantity of guys you can attract, it's all about QUALITY.

• The hot girls somehow always attract the jerks. You're doing fine. Hang in there and be happy for your friend because that's her way of seeking validation and she must be enjoying it. You're better off without that kind of attention and you already know it.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's better to be the cute one who only gets occasional attention because getting attention all the time can get u in unfortunate situations.

• Well it depends on yourself, if you're happy being cute and getting the attention you get then that's fine.

• Yeah. I'm basically the quiet girl who doesn't get attention, and I'm usually glad for it. People make me anxious.

• hot girl