Why can't I control my anger and emotions in dating?

620

Most Helpful Guy

• You can but you have to first really develop a self-awareness that isn't retrospective. You have to become aware in the very moments you are feeling the emotions. Then you learn to pause for a second. All you need is one brief moment of calm thought to ask yourself, "Are what my emotions telling me to do going to make my relationship better or worse?" That's all you need.

That said, it is far easier said than done, but that's how I solved my anger issues in relationships. The first time felt like defying every fiber of my being. The second time was exponentially easier. Now I don't even know if it is possible to make me so angry. I tend to be able to calm myself down so quickly.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • >> You can but you have to first really develop a self-awareness that isn't retrospective.

This part is critical. It is easier to reflect back, even ten minutes after you did something regret, to realize you were motivated by anger, e. g. That is still completely different from having the self-awareness at the precise time you were feeling it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a 17 year old girl , many are like this especially in relationships. Hormones are a big part , maybe it's also the type of people youve gotten into relationships with. Sometimes it takes the right person to make us feel emotionally secure and overall calm in a relationship. there's lots of reasons you just haven't gotten into much detail

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE