Why can't I control my anger and emotions in dating?

620

Most Helpful Guy

• You can but you have to first really develop a self-awareness that isn't retrospective. You have to become aware in the very moments you are feeling the emotions. Then you learn to pause for a second. All you need is one brief moment of calm thought to ask yourself, "Are what my emotions telling me to do going to make my relationship better or worse?" That's all you need.

That said, it is far easier said than done, but that's how I solved my anger issues in relationships. The first time felt like defying every fiber of my being. The second time was exponentially easier. Now I don't even know if it is possible to make me so angry. I tend to be able to calm myself down so quickly.

• >> You can but you have to first really develop a self-awareness that isn't retrospective.

This part is critical. It is easier to reflect back, even ten minutes after you did something regret, to realize you were motivated by anger, e. g. That is still completely different from having the self-awareness at the precise time you were feeling it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a 17 year old girl , many are like this especially in relationships. Hormones are a big part , maybe it's also the type of people youve gotten into relationships with. Sometimes it takes the right person to make us feel emotionally secure and overall calm in a relationship. there's lots of reasons you just haven't gotten into much detail

What Guys Said 19

• Because you're crazy?

• because your a women? probably because you haven't learned to yet. they do have anger management classes for people to take for this maybe try that. or if your lucky find a guys who's been with some crazy chicks to help. god knows I've stuck it in crazy enough times 😂

• You will learn in time. It takes a lot of experience and discipline to learn how to control your emotions and not let your emotions control you. Kinda like the force.

• if you have any Latino in you that why.

• Completely normal for women. If a guy can give strong emotions it is good, since that means you care about what he thinks/does. If he can't, you aren't interested in him anyway.

• Luckily you're only 17 - do whatever you can to outgrow this

I've dated/texted girls that were 25 and still held incredible anger and resentment towards... everything. We usually just label them as crazy and block their numbers

• Maybe cause you love so much inside it drives you to the edge and little things can make you feel emotional about things.

• you're still young and sometimes your emotions are so strong you have little experience taming them. they're like wild horses

• You're still young, you'll soon learn to control your anger.

• Because you are crazy? Simply quit dating, then there will be fewer things to get angry and emotional about.

• What specifically about dating is setting you off? How is dating (to you) different than hanging out with friends?

• Hormones, combined with periods. The hormones will go; kinda. The periods will stay :( Til ur 50 ofc.

• Anna, you're not alone

• Your a passionate person. Maybe a bit crazy too

• You may not be aware of your expectations, and you may be dating people who aren't able to help you work through them.

• Anger issues maybe?

• It would be better if you gave an explanation to give context to your question.

• I dunno, stop having date during that time of the month?

• Why don't you date me, beautiful?

What Girls Said 5