How to Start Texting a Guy, You Don't Know That Well?

so I don't really know this guy that well, last year he all my friend's were pretty sure he liked me. He kept coming up to me in class, but I wasn't into him. We never kept in touch, because I never saw him like as someone who I could like and he was too shy to ask for anything, or at least I think. I now see him and he really caught my eye, but we don't have any classes together, haven't seen each other in a year, and we don't have the same friends. My friend is sorta of friends with one of his friends ( but no close enough to set us up), she got me his number. It turns out we have the same teacher, but he doesn't give out homework so I can't use that line. Should I text him? What would I say?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Just say hey whats up? It's so and so, haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?

It's that easy, then ask him about his classes and what he's up too outside of school. Just keep it simple to start and get the convo going.

What Girls Said 1

• Can't you find an excuse to hang out with your friend, his friend and his group in general? I mean, you already have a friend in common you could use.
    If that can't work, message him anything school-related and after a bit, change the topic.