How do you like a guy to be dressed at a date?

Restaurant date, is a suit and shirt on necessary?

I'm unsure

Most Helpful Girl

• Suit is not necessary but it depends on where the date is. If we're at a carnival, probably jeans and a t shirt or maybe a button down if he feels fashionable that day would make sense. But if we went to an art show I'd say dress pants might be a good idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who gives a shit what she wants you dressed as. Just go with what you want or think is appropriate Look, if you dress or do shit according to someone else's standards then you're just setting yourself up for failure. If she doesn't like the way you're dressed, then she's not all that into you anyways.

What Girls Said 17

• It's not really necessary to wear a suit... especially if it isn't a fancy restaurant. I would actually like to see him put some effort in his appearance though so no sweatpants, hoodie, or sweatshirt. lol Jeans and casual shirt are pretty cool.

• I'd be happy with a shirt and jeans or something.

• Shirt such as?😊

• honestly I would prefer his individual style whatever ​it is, I will always enjoy how he's true to himself and his style no matter where he is

• It depends on the restaurant. A suit is definitely not necessary, but you should wear something nice. Collared button down with khakis would probably be best. Also depends on if there is a specisl occasion or how long you guys have been together.

• For a casual date, jeans and a button up would be fine.

• For me, as long as a guy is neat/put together, I don't care about them being in a shirt/suit. That being said it depends on what restaurant you're taking her too, also.

• No just do some nice black dress pants or khakis with a button down.

• Clean shirt and jeans would be fine for me, and smell nice!

• If I were you I would wear nice dress pants and a nice shirt if it's at a fancy restaurant and then if it's a more casual date I would wear jeans and a nice shirt. Be yourself and wear what makes you feel confident!

• What is a nice shirt? Show me by a picture pls?

• I would say a button down and a if it is more casual roll up your sleeves girls I know would love that

• Okay thank you πŸ˜Šβ˜ΊπŸ’•

• If it's very high class, yes. But if it's longhorn steakhouse or red lobsters, jeans/khakis and a dressy shirt is fine.

• depends on the restaurant, but clean and neat appearance would be necessary

• What kind of restaurant?

• A causal small, not too busy restaurant

• Okay thank you

• Birthday suit with a bowtie. πŸ˜‚

• Casual

• Depends on the quality of the restaraunt really. I would say anything nicer than Red Robin would probably be tie worthy. Anything less- including fast food- I still feel you should dress nice (clean shirt, cologne) but don't go overboard. If you're really worried, ask your date what she'll be wearing and try to match her attire. Explain that you don't want to be too overdressed if she isn't. She'll understand and help you out πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»

• Clean

What Guys Said 2

• if you need pants, it can not be a date xD

• Long red belt make em look at your dick without trying