- Yes, it can help save the relationship50%(6)71%(29)Vote79%(23)
- No, it can't help save the relationship50%(6)29%(12)Vote21%(6)
Most Helpful Guy
It surely can but there are some very real caveats...
1. Most of them are not worth a shit. Older men are the best, women are the worst simply because they really don't understand the man. But bottom line, if you two don't 'click' with your counselor then fire them and get another one.
2. If both parties are not fully on board with fixing whatever is broken then all bets are off - no one can get some one to change if they don't want to, if they're not interested. Just don't waste your time and effort.
3. Substance abuse - all bets are off
4. Affairs - a cheater has to swear off the OP (other person). They have to cease all communication and delete everything about them, never see or talk to them again. If not, it will NEVER work.
A good counselor will give you exercises and tools to restore the relationship and realize where it went wrong. In most cases one or both parties are more likely to listen to a third party's advice as opposed to their spouse's.
24-year anniversary last Sunday. Second marriage. Many affairs. Grown children.2
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
Definitely. It helped mine1