Should I message him back? Why does he do this?

This guy I'm kinda friends with keeps disappearing one me. We talk and hang out things are good and then he suddenly stops contacting me and blocks me on social media. He has done this twice and today he messaged me (after not seeing or speaking with him since late Summer) saying he misses me and to call him. I'm pissed off and feel like he is playing games and don't wanna message him back but I also feel like he has no obligation to me because I'm not his girlfriend and I kinda wanna message him back.. ugh I have no idea what to do.. do i message him back? and why does he do this?

Thanks for answering

42

Most Helpful Guy

• its not a guys first step to resort to playing games. if guys do this, they have learned it from the women around them in their life, and most likely do it because it gets results. you see, the way that you're feeling right now, its how men feel most of the time in relationships with women, because women play these stupid little mindgames, and men have no choice but to learn how to play them back or be constantly disadvantaged by them. if he's doing it to you, its either because you've made him feel that way too before in the past and he resents you for it and wants you to know how it feels, or because the direct approach has not worked with you so now he feels he has to do this, or he perceives you as the type of person who would not respond to anything else. And because you actually want him despite this, it shows that its working. So its your fault if more men behave like this in the future, which frankly pisses me off because we could use less catty, manipulative men AND women in the world.

What you need to do is be direct with him and cut through the bullshit. If you want anything, announce it outright. If you feel a certain way about a certain thing, announce it outright. If you still like him or you still want to hang out, or you're not certain about how he thinks or feels about you, announce it outright. Be direct about your intentions. You don't have to think about how you should respond to something if all that you need to respond with is the truth. Worse yet, you're just as manipulative as he is, and not just that but you're taking advice from people on the internet on how to manipulate him back. Any advice people could give you on this site with what to say or how to respond would be intellectually dishonest coming out of your mouth. Because they're not really your thoughts or feelings, they're just a methodical attempt to twist the situation to your advantage, and thats really not how human beings should behave.

• i think it has to do with the fact that he is just looking for a hookup I'm not

• wow you reported my comment,, how much of a pussy are you? you're such a fucking joke

• i never said anything of the sort. you did. all i said was you have nothing to offer anyone in a relationship, which is the gods honest truth. there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy wanting to fuck. if you think there is, you're emotionally abusive. what you call being a player is just natural human biology, and if you weren't so fucking twisted in the head you might be able to embrace your own sexuality and stop chastising people for having one themselves. but on top of that, clearly the guy you're after has much to offer you in a relationship, because you can't bear to exist without him. but he can't even bear to have you around, and behaves negatively when you are. thats why you're a parasite.

And before you start flipping out, I did no such thing. I wasn't even on this site, much less would I ever report anyone for saying something I didn't like. I'm not a woman, i don't go solving my problems by blocking people or tattle taling. Clearly i'm not the only one who hates you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys do this when they are seeing someone else or they know that you will get attached so instead of going through all of the explaining and long drawn out conversations... they block you. I would not message him back. Sounds like the guy wants someone who is on his time. You need to flip the tables on him, and tell him that you are busy and you will contact him some other time. He knows that you were waiting on him to contact him back, and he is expecting you text back so quickly.

What Guys Said 1

• you're the side girl. that's why

What Girls Said 3

• Don't message him back. He's messing with your head and he's a waste of time doing stupid stuff like that. You can do better.

• He sounds incredibly immature and not ready for anything. Don;t waste your time, just move along :P

• Don't message him back. It'll only encourage him. He's probably a fuckboy and is now all the sudden horny so he looks for the closest pussy he could fine. And it was you. Don't message him. If you do tell him "I'm tired of your horny ass bullcrap."