Why does he send so many mixed signals?

there's a guy I go to school with, Im in college, we're good friends we hang out a lot All of our friends see that we have chemistry. He is always telling me Im pretty and cool etc. When we work together in groups he always makes his way to be with me. We basically act like a couple, I make his plate at social events, he knows my order at restaurants, I've met a lot of his friends he's met some of mine, I've hung out with him at his house alone several times, we have deep personal conversations when it is just he and I. But, I have to initiate the conversation EVERY TIME when it comes to texting. When we're around certain people he's kind of an ass, anytime a guy shows interest in me he makes sure the guy knows his place. We're not anything official so he talks to other girls so I try to talk to other guys but he talks to the guy and tells the guy we're dating (that's happened a few times). The biggest thing that drives me insane is how he calls me a little girl. I can't tell id he is trying to be funny or if he really means it. he's only 2 years older than me and he's a junior and Im a sophomore so there isn't a huge age difference. He tells me he has so much more experience than me but he doesn't know the experience I have! Also, he's black and I'm native American, he's never been in an interracial relationship before so I dont know if he's indifferent about it or if he's scared of what his friends will think. He is in a frat, he's an alpha and all of his brothers date black sorority girls, i feel like he's scared I won't fit in and even though they like me as a person and as a friend I dont know how they'll like me as his girlfriend. A lot of things I feel like I should not worry too much about but it drives me crazy because I like him a lot and I can see it in his eyes that he feels the same way about me but he sends so many mixed signals.

11

What Guys Said 1

• you have written expressed your situation completely! if we go to the root of it ! there is a thing that can be done... but that can be hard on you too... there are two possibilities of these situations ! either he also really likes you and is afraid of an official relationships but that part is slightly of a very very less possibility ! or as per you said he act indifferent around when there are guys around you... he talks to other girls but shows other guys their place ! does he act indifferent when he's around whom? if he's acting indifferent around some colleagues and relaxed around when you are with yours or his friends ! there's a high possibility he doesn't want to let everyone know that you two have a thing !! just confront him and if says yes yet his behaviour remains the same ! it's better in long run that you let him go off !

What Girls Said 1

• I think you need to confront him about his behavior. So he's free to talk to other chicks while you're not? How come?