Would you date someone who has differing political views than you (you are democrat or republican and they are the opposite)?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

713

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly it depends. like, I'm pretty liberal, but for the most part I understand the conservative perspective, and I could look at most situations and realize conservatives and liberals have the same end-goal. however, there are some conservatives that I know that are incredibly racist. (I come from texas) and say things like black people should go back to Africa", use slurs, etc. and see it as a "political opinion" things like this I cannot overlook.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to lean more republican regardless of living in one of the most liberal cities fucking ever. while I may have conservative views, I don't really care about other people's views much as long as they respect mine as well. an "agree to disagree" relationship is fine by me. Politics isn't something that should tear a relationship apart, honestly it's something that barely needs to be mentioned. don't talk about it much and you won't have much of a problem. it's those who blow it out of proportion that can't handle it

What Guys Said 12

• Depends it's not the opposing viewpoint that bothers me but rather what their personal ideals are and whether they are extremists or not.

But in general I tend to stay within my political views I'm not against being with someone who a different viewpoint though as I have been with someone like that before.

• Not in this day and age. Too many cry babies out there now.

• I would, we can't agree on everything.

However, there are some people that refuse to see any other point of view than their own. To them, you're wrong and are an idiot. Those people, I would never date. As a matter of fact, I wish I never had to interact with them... ever.

• I wouldn't recommend it especially if their family is the same way. You will get into fights about politics. it's just more stupid drama to habe to worry about.

• Depends how far left some of those woman are bat shit crazy

• I'm centre-right wing and I would prefer her to have the same views as me, but anywhere from the middle to the right of the political spectrum is fine enough. No leftists, though. Period.

• Yes.

• yes, but only for a time. after a while I'd either hope to bring her around to my point of view or at least come to some compromise

• No. I can't date someone that would vandalize property, attack people that did nothing to them, and set fires.
    Let the flame wars begin. lol

• Its not even a question at this point.
    https://i.imgur.com/ImCzVta.jpg

• I would NEVER date a right-winger

• It's like one is willing to listen but might differ with your views but tells you why that person's sticks to his belief but the other one is FUCK you x5 Sob sob sob sob. Fucking hell!

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend and I have opposite views. We're not too extreme with them though so it doesn't affect our relationship.

• No I wouldn't, this is me speaking from experience. My 1st love had different political views and our first 1st argument was over politics. Whenever my ex heard an idea different then his, he would just put them down and insult the idea.

• I don't care if he has differing views (not including LGBTQ+ that's more personal), but I tend to get really fired up about arguments online and I talk about them. I wouldn't if they asked not to though.

• Yes. My parents have different political views but love each other nonetheless. In my opinion, having someone who has a different viewpoint than myself has opened my eyes and has changed me into a more open-minded, compassionate, intelligent, and aware person! Just because you have different political views does not mean you can't love each other!

• I wouldn't. I would only date people with the same belief as me (that's a huge turn off if he's from another political side).

• Absolutely not