I just need advice? How do I get myself out of the mess I caused?

So I liked this guy at my job in December. He always flirts with me and I hesitantly flirt back because I always felt like something wasn't right. At the end of Dec, I found out he went on a date with this other girl at my job and she really likes him. I've been hearing a few things about them since and it seems like he doesn't really like her but doesn't know how to say it. So I started flirting again. Today I tried to do some digging to see if I had a chance with him by talkin to this girl that he's friends with. I pretty much ended up telling her that i found out he was talking to the other girl. ( My hints weren't working and I really wanted the scoop.) Anyway, after our convo I started thinking it would be awkward if I told her that and SHE was the one actually talking to him. So I said that to her in a joking manner and she basically revealed to me that they've been dating since October and she really likes him and they have sex. So I pretty much fucked that secret & relationship up. She was very upset and told me she would confront him about it later and that she'll try not to tell him that I told her (but it might be obvious). I feel absolutely horrible now, for opening my big mouth! For gossiping! For ruining their relationship! And for actually falling for that jerk (he's been flirting with me since December)... I just need some advice. I'm having a panic attack because I don't know what will happen tomorrow

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Bullseye BAE ! talk to the guy that you fucked up and apologize to him and decide mutually !! and be gone forever !!! and it's not that you and him had sex or he cheated on her !! there's a situation ! stay calm and talk to that guy ! and if still flirts ! tell his girlfriend he's not worth it !

• It's not her fault. That guy had a girlfriend and was flirting with her. He should have known better.

• I am not saying it's her fault if she was flirting but eventually it becomes her fault unintentionally that she talked to his girlfriend about stuff she wasn't supposed to !

Most Helpful Girl

• Chill, odds are that nothing will happen. It doesn't even matter what he will think. Keep doing your job and next time be careful to whom you're disclosing such information.

What Guys Said 2

• Calm down. It's okay.

• The fact that he thought it was okay to flirt with you was his decision not yours. You had no idea he was in a relationship. You never would have done anything to consciously ruin someone's relationship, right? So all we can do as people is try to be the very best that we can be and when things get rough do the best we can. ☺

• mom always said "You made your bed, now lie in it".. Sorry, but I think you screwed the pooch

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!