How soon is too soon to tell somebody you love them? I've been friends with this person a solid year but we have only been together 2 months?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, it depends on how mature they are about it. Some people hear 'I love you' and freak out. Other people hear 'I love you' and appreciate the feelings that you have for them and will tell you 'I love you' when it comes to them. Others will hear 'I love you' and think they're obligated to say it back. Some people will say after 'x' amount of time, then it's okay, but honestly it depends on how the person you are saying it to will take it. Best case scenario, they return your feelings. If they don't then it depends how they react when they hear those words.

Honestly, I think you should live life without regrets. If you were to die tomorrow, would you regret not having said I love you to him? If yes, then say it to him, if no, then don't say it. And if he doesn't love you in return yet, let him know it's okay, because loving someone doesn't mean they must return that love right this minute, it's simply enough if he lets you love him.

• omg you're so right! yes i would definitely regret it, I've had these feelings for so long so maybe i should say it without having to hear it back maybe.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't scare him off just because you are excited- especially if things are going well. For now, say things like "You are so important to me." "I love being around you." "I love the time we spend together." "I love when you do xyz."

• if you feel ready to tell them then do it. just... be prepared if they don't say it back. not saying they won't, but still

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend said it two weeks in