Would finding out the person you like wants to wait until marriage to have sex be a deal breaker for you?

Let's say you really connect with them and you're interested in dating them and then they tell you they're waiting. Does that change everything?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• If she's a virgin wanting to wait on intercourse but not other things, it's okay.

If she's not a virgin, forget it.

If she wants to wait for everything till marriage, I wouldn't date her casually. Maybe stay friends. If we were incredibly attracted to each other, we'd need to talk a LOT about how to know we would be compatible. THen maybe we could get engaged. But there's no way i'd just casually date her with no direction.

Now when I was 20 I might have... but that was a mistake.

There are two huge issues. One is that most dating doesn't really lead anywhere, so it would just be me being celibate till we broke up, not 'waiting'.

Second is actual waiting i'm quite capable of doing, but i'd guess maybe 1 in 5 women I would find sexually compatible, so waiting is very risky.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I like them a lot , then no , sex isn't something I require constantly and I'm a patient person when it comes to it. If I see myself with them in the future then I'm willing to wait

What Guys Said 5

• INSTANT deal breaker. Like i mean... IMMEDIATE deal breaker.
    Lol... thats like buying a car without testi... fuck that, without even SEEING the car lol.. making a lifetime commitment over words (fluff)... thats is absolute bullshit lol... in that instance, she can go fuck herself.
    You said they connect well right? 😒 apparently not lol... i'd friend zone that so hard her ass is gonna hurt.

How about we have an imaginary marriage with an imaginary ring and ceremony... cuz thats exactly what she's selling... imagination.
    I've known desperate morons who for the want of sex have actually gone through with that moronic tripe... they dont even last a YEAR. Stupid guys letting girls lead them on... most of these girls dont even know what happens in a marriage... just want the ring and a dress and a wedding day. So in order to get that ring and that dress, hold sex hostage because its what the guys want.

The moment a girl spits that stupid tripe at me, i stamp "stupid" on her forehead and move around. Im not a fool, and im not that desperate.

• Not at all. There are certain conditions that must be met, but I'm open to the idea of waiting. I'd also have a higher opinion of her for holding such values.

• Cool. What kind of conditions?

• Sounds reasonable. Thanks for your insight

• Nope. That would make me more likely to want to marry her.

• Not at all
    Am the same way

• yes, it would

What Girls Said 2

• It is if he proposes on the second date

• No, if I were in love with them I would wait. If I wasn't , I would consider leaving.