What do you mean when you say you prefer someone taller or shorter?

I know the question sounds stupid, but I'll explain. I've seen many height questions lately and I got curious to know what people mean exactly. When you say you prefer someone taller/shorter, do you mean that you prefer someone really tall/short or just taller/shorter than YOU? Feel free to explain better if you want to.

I'm curious to see the poll results.

• I mean I prefer someone really tall
  • I mean I prefer someone really short
  • I mean I prefer someone taller than me
    Vote C
  • I mean I prefer someone shorter than me
    Vote D

43

Most Helpful Girl

• That's actually not a stupid question. I always ask myself the same question. I'm 5' 7", and for me, a tall man is 5' 10"+

• Do you consider it really tall or just taller than you? Would you date a 5'8'' or 5'9'', for example?

• As long as he was at least an inch taller than me, probably

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer around my height, maybe a tad shorter, as what feels ideal to me. It is mostly based on the sense of touch than sight and *relative* to my own height, not absolute.

I call it the dance or hug test. It feels most natural to me when the girl is around my height or slightly shorter, not too much shorter. I consider the height disparity to be a bit sub-optimal if either of us can see the top of the other's head when standing upright, for example.

That feeling of embracing the female figure feels most natural to me when she is close to my own height. That natural feeling of our bodies "fitting each other well" tends to translate to a sexual context as well.

• Interesting perspective

• If it's sense of sight then I tend to like a wide range of heights on girls. It's mostly that I personally prefer that feeling of being relatively eye level with a girl. I did get a crush on a girl who was so much taller than me one time that she was looming over me. Dancing with her was kind of strange though: my face was practically level with her boobs. :-D

• Wow, boobs on the face when standing seems an awesome thing haha

What Girls Said 3

• I prefer someone taller than me. Somehow it makes me feel young and protected abd secured. It makes me feel he can protect me.

If I am taller than him, I feel older, like his mother or sister.

• I don't really care about the height as long as there is chemistry.

• wow really?
      Just curious , what is your height? Can you date a man shorter than you?

• Someone really tall.

What Guys Said 2

• A really short girl can give blowjobs while standing up lol.

• I mean I prefer someone shorter than me.