If you say you don't want a relationship, but then you say you do, and then say you don't, does the other person have a right to be upset?

Currently going through this right now. I was going to cut him off and find someone else but then he told me hella shit, including he wanted a relationship, so I held off. Now he's telling this is all on me. Wtf is wrong with people?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you have every right to be upset, to wonder what he really wants and probably the wisest choice is not getting in a relationship with him.

• I'm dropping him. I can't deal with the confusion and him putting it all on me.

• That's the right thing to do ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be super confusing for me and I wouldn't be able to trust a person after they did that. I guess because I am very upfront when I start talking to a guy, I state that I am dating for a relationship, not for fun. I think he just doesn't want to lose you and is trying to draw you in, be careful cause he could dump/ghost you.

• I asked him why he switched on me last night. The first thing he said was "That's what you're upset about?" Then he wouldn't respond! I had to tell him he was being selfish for him to respond and it wasn't even about that. He told me I was tripping for nothing and we do all this stuff together and I'm over all the time. But when i told him he hurt my feelings by switching up on me he said it was all on me. And for some reason he can't remember telling me anything about a relationship. I remember everything. Like wtf

• Don't give him a second thought, he is jerking you around, he hopes to gain something w/no strings attached. You will get emotionally involved then he will say well I didn't want a relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• You mean with KIDS.

Well, they're kids.

• Sure.

But instead of being upset, the two of them need to sit the fuck down and start being more honest and keep being honest.

• I'm dropping him. I can't deal with him.

What Girls Said 2

• They do have a right to be upset. But what would be better is if they sat down and were honest. Say you'll leave if he doesn't make up his mind

• Move on. That's playing mind games right there. You can do better.