Says he enjoys my company but never seems to want to hang outside of school?

(This is guy 3 if you follow my questions~)
Ya know, I'm just going to say his name haha it's Ethan.

Basically, we've been going out for lunch at least once a week for the past couple of months. I'd definitely say that we're good friends. I wouldn't say that we're terribly "close" though. But, it's weird. He told me that he likes spending time with me, but whenever I try to arrange some kind of hangout after school, he always declines and says that he's "sooooo busy". Honestly, while there's truth in that, I know that it's not true. My theory is that he's afraid that I'll try to make some sort of move on him and he won't have the courage to push me away. I definitely wouldn't do that, for one, but that's all I can come up with haha. He's super shy and nervous about that kinda thing. I'd say that he's attracted to me (he's brought up sex numerous times) but hasn't really done anything? It's weird. This boi is singlehandedly the most perplexing person that I've ever met in my entire life. And that's a big statement. Well, basically everyone around us assumes that we're official or something (I also gossip whoopsie~) but still!! Has anyone had this kinda situation? And I just that type of friend that's only chill to hang out with in a school setting?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably just antisocial and doesn't like hanging out after school. You said he is quiet so that's why I say that. I'm super social talkative at school but don't like hanging out after school even with my best friends.

• Yeah! There's totally that too and I'm not about to sugarcoat this I'm kinda the same way haha! But I'm trying to be more social and crawl out of my shell

Most Helpful Girl

• No I didn't but it does sound strange tho ask him what he's so busy with

What Guys Said 5

• I can only relate having been really shy myself when I was younger.

I think the best move you can make is to get him to a private spot in school and ask him to close his eyes. Then give him a kiss. You can pass it off playfully and just say, "I just felt like doing that."

That might make him open up to you better. This is assuming he's very shy as I was. That would have totally worked for me back then.

• Ah yeah! I get what you mean though! Not about to lie, I've honestly considered doing that haha! I feel like knowing his personality, it might scare him off though... so I've held back. Although the next time that I really want to do it and the time seems appropriate, I think I'll just go for it

• In my case when I met this forward girl who did that to me, I was actually crushing on another girl at the time. When she kissed me though, I forgot about my crush completely. That broke me out of the spell.

• Ahahaha oh wow! I don't know it might be something worth trying though.. he is really shy in that sense... which is weird because he's also a pretty direct person... gah he's so weird. But thanks for the encouragement! I'll give it some consideration! :)

• Can I be honest? I don't understand how a guy can decline an invitation for fear or stuffs like that lol. Italian girls aren't as much open like American girls, so it's rare that a girl tries to organize to hang out etc, and guys refuse loooooooooooooooool no way !

• Ofc! I ant honest answers haha. Yeahhhh I don't know it's weird ahah! But thanks for the input!

• It might be the base for a movie ahahah anyway you seem a sweet girl, I wish you the best luck for that, but this face you try to organize to go out and he is like keeping you at distance, I'd crash a door with my head since I can't explain the logic ahahahhaah

• lmaooo yeah! Maybe maybe! I plan on being an author later in life, so if I'm successful maybe lmao! And awe thanks haha I'll need all the luck I can get tbh! I guess I'll keep trying until I get tired of trying lmaoo

• Would you be willing to give him another chance? I mean, if he really does care about you as much as you claim, than maybe you could just be school friends. He could also just be nervous. I mean you claim he talks about sex all the time, would you have it with him? Who knows. This is the internet.

• I also hang out with people at school, and i enjoy their company... at school. Im not trying to offend you or something but maybe is enjoys your company at school but does not find it that enjoyable to hang out with you in spare time. Or he is just a moron.

• I have had the same problem for a lot of people throughout my life lmao. I don't know why some people do it. but your not alone trust me

• Haha yeah I getcha! I don't know he's a weirdo... you're a billion times better xD you're open and honest and that accent ommmllll <3

• majestic. I love it.

• lmfao it's the truth fam!

What Girls Said 1

• Girllllll you be using your pic also saying his name 'Ethan', you trynna get caught 👀

• ahahaa I'm confused as to what you're trying to say lol

• That if he has gag it's easy for him to find this question.

• Oooooooh LMAO! Nah I'm safe haha!! Thanks for considering that though! And lol if he did have GaG I'd totally hope that he sees this tbh lmaooo