What is your opinion on men becoming more desirable by age and women less?

What is your opinion on the belief that men become more desirable as they age since a mans attractiveness mostly comes from status, career, maturity, money which often increases as the man gets older. And women becoming less desirable by age since their attractiveness mostly comes from looks which tend to fade with age.

I know it doesn't apply to everyone, there are many beautiful older women as well as many 40 year old men who are bums, but on a general basis do you think its true or false?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that both men and women become less desirable as they age. Men just do so on a less extreme decline.

I'm just pleased that I am 23 and look 12. And my father is 60 and looks 35. And my mom is 53 and looks 30 something. My grandmother is 90 and looks 60.

So... the genes are on my side on this one lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Men don't get more desirable as they age. They just don't get negatively impacted by age as much as women do. Time really is harsh to most women.

What Girls Said 3

• Where I live, it's about 50/50

• This is plausible, however there are a lot of younger guys who also have 'status'. Getting old is definitely harder on a woman than it is on a man though your right because woman are manly measured by appearance.

• It just depends on the person and how well they look for their age

What Guys Said 1

• Definitely, but only if your pockets have also aged. Nothing like "old" money. At least women it comes to the "average" woman.