Having feelings again, not sure if I should pursue them?

I got out of my last relationship almost two years ago, mostly because I simply wanted to be alone. I've been doing pretty much that since then. I did have a little failed crush in between but other than that meaningless hookups. Now I'm kinda feeling attracted to someone I work with, someone I feel comfortable with which to me is a huge thing. For someone to break that barrier with me in which I actually wanna spend time with them.

I love being by myself, heck if I'd choose it I'd not feel this way, but I can't help it, I just think about the possibilities. At times I can't get her out of my head, which sucks cause I like to concentrate on other stuff.

Should I pursue this? It's not like I'm against it, just would prefer not to but I guess sometimes emotions get a hold of you and you gotta do something. I appreciate any advice!

11

What Girls Said 1

• Years later, what would you regret more, having had the opportunity to pursue it and not having pursued it, or having pursued it you would wish you didn't. Go with the one that would leave you with the least regrets.

• I guess you're right, but does it sound like something I should do simply because I have an itch? I've always thought it was perfectly fine to be alone so when feelings come I kinda, well, dont like it. I dunno if I'm scared of getting hurt or what, which has never happened, but the idea of getting involved when I'm so happy outside a relationship is just weird to me

• It is perfectly fine to be alone. If you think you'll be happiest alone, then you'll never really have an incentive to be in a relationship right? If you think that this person is someone whom when you're with you're happier than being alone, then you have incentive to be in a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• If you want the big payoff of love and lust with her you need to put yourself at risk of getting hurt. There is no other way.

• True, I have no trouble with taking a risk, for the most part. But does what I'm feeling seem like someone who has a mere crush or falling for someone? I dont like having her in my head yet I can't help it

• They have that ability. Damn them and their sexy powers