I do something... then he does the same thing? Does mimicking or copying someone prove someone likes you?

There is a guy in my church choir that stares at me when I am not looking. He compliments me every time I sing. He compliments my clothes. He has been giving me hints that he likes me. I've read something about mimicking somewhere. If you do something and then another person does the same thing that you did. Sometimes he can't look me in the eyes when he talks to me. He either looks at the floor... or looks away from me to say something and after I answer he looks back at me. Anyway... one day at choir rehearsal I was sitting in my chair. I was staring at the floor. When he got there he said hi to me. I looked up and he walked over in front of me and stood there a minute. He was staring at the floor. This was a few days after my birthday. Earlier he had heard someone tell me they hoped I had a good birthday. So he is standing in front of me for the longest time and then he says happy belated birthday. I had been looking at the floor again. I looked up and he was staring at my feet in my wedge heels. Then he went to sit in his chair. Another day the choir director wanted us to stand up for a song. I could see the guy a few rows behind me out of the corner of my eye. Everyone stands up. I hold my choir book in my left hand and pull up the right side of my pants. I put my choir book in my right hand (this is when I could see him- he was staring at me) I then was pulling up the left side of my pants and pulled my shirt down. As I did that... not only was he staring at me but I noticed that at the same time he was also pulling up the left side of his pants... being a mimic of what I was doing. Like I said I was in front of him... so it was strange seeing him pull up his pants on one side the same way that I was doing and he was watching me. Is there any truth to this mimic thing? Does mimicking or copying someone really prove someone likes you?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• No. . . .

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be that he likes you or he just wants to be annoying

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah he probably is doing is subconsciously

What Girls Said 1

• Mimicking is a sign of mental connection. Yes, he probably does like you.