Best age to start dating?

What do you think is the best age to start dating? Also when did you start dating and is there anything you would've done differently?

My friend keeps saying "when your 15 you have to get a boyfriend" and I was like why do I HAVE to? And she said "because" and I asked because why and again she replied because.. I asked what about at 16 or 17 or 18 years old? And she is saying that it's too old to start dating. And I asked what If I don't want to. She said I have too. And if I don't she'll find someone for me..

What are your thoughts?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friend is ridiculous. This is super simple. Start dating when some guy asks you on a date and you really want to go on a date with him. Or when you really want to go on a date with a guy and you ask him and he wants to go on a date with you too. This whole conversation will seem really silly in a very few years.

• Yeah I honestly think she is being ridiculous. I shouldn't date until I want to. What if I never want to date? She can't force me to, it won't work. Thanks for your opinion.

• What if you never want to date? That's fine too. I have a friend who is resolutely single in her 40's. She has lots of friends but I've never known her to be in a relationship, gay or straight.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're currently happy & content with being single then you have no need to get into a relationship. I don't think it's a good idea until you're at least 18 or at least until you, personally, feel ready.

I didn't get into a relationship until after I graduated high school and it was the best desicision I ever made. All of my friends were constantly going from breakups to relationships over and over again while I didn't have to deal with all of that drama. They would miss school because they would go through major heartbreaks. I would find it amusing, but I would also feel sorry for them.

Your friend may be pressuring you now, but when she goes through a breakup you're going to be glad you didn't follow suit.

• This is really good advice. Thank you so much.

What Guys Said 1

• Find a guy like me and you can date at any age 😋 Kidding, just do whenever you find someone don't rush.. Peer pressure destroy many lives.. 🤗

• Lol. Thank you. Yeah peer pressure is bad.

• Lol okay den... Thanks for the advice!

• Haha anytime ;)

What Girls Said 4

• I was 19 before I started dating. I wouldn't have done it differently, that was when I became comfortable with the idea of dating so anything before then I would've regretted. I think the best age to start dating is once you've left school. Whatever age that might be.

• High school, probably 16 when you can actually drive.

Any younger than that, it's hard to get out and do stuff... Also, if a 13 year old gets into an intimate relationship, it leads to sex too fast. I'd be less upset about my 16 year old getting banged than my 13 year old :/

• 18...

• Okay, thank you for your opinion! I really think 15 is way too young to date. 18 is a good answer.

• 18. haha