A boy messaged me, and I have a boyfriend?

So me and my boyfriend have known eachother for around 6 months and we knew since we met we were in love.
This guy that I don't really know, and only know from around college, has just messaged me saying hi. do i message back and say hi? or do i ignore him?

97

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, if he isn't saying or doing anything wrong, then yes talk to him. But if he is trying to date you or get sex from you, then stop talking to him. But if the guy is being friendly and your boyfriend gets mad and jealous, tell your boyfriend to chill out or go somewhere else. A guy whobisnt doing anything wrong doesn't need to be hated on by a guy who thinks you're his property. so you really have to watch both of them now because a real boyfriend won't gat mad if you have other male friends as long as they respect your relationship. if he can't understand that then he dont deserve you. but also the new guy or friend. needs to understan you are in a relationship and he has no place trying to end that or causing issues.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can say hi back. Having a boyfriend doesn't mean you can never talk to a guy ever again, that's kinda ridiculous. As long as the conversation is platonic and nothing inappropriate happens, there's nothing bad about it.

What Guys Said 6

• If it's to expand your network. Whateves. Talk to him

If you're afraid your panties might get crinkled up then ignore him. Only you know

• maybe he is being friendly and just wants to be friends

• Chatting is okay, but not leading on. Make surebto let him know from the beginning that you have a boyfriend

• Say hi back. Life is just tok short to dedicate and sacrifice your life to one person. How selfish. You probably will break up with your boyfriend after some time. Don't burn bridges. You never know when you might get stuck on the other side.

• So what if your not married or engaged your fair game. Don't miss out on the better guy.

• say hi dont be rude especially if u gave him your number. also there is nothing wrong with saying hi back. imagine that you're talking to a complete stranger.
    if he tries to hit on you... tell him that you have a boyfriend... dont lead him on = dont flirt wih him. dont tell him that you have a boyfriend unless he crosses the line by making a move like asking you out or complimenting you...

What Girls Said 8

• You can sure but only if your mind is clear on the intent.

• Be friendly but mention your boyfriend in a polite way like - hey? how's it going? oh I love that sweater! my boyfriend's brother has the exact same sweater!

• Respect your relationship and ignore it. There's no need to message him

• So you mean to say a girl created new male friendships is disrespecting her bf?

• @TripleAce yes... unless this was a real life interaction in other circumstances. An online message is not appropriate to entertain if you have a committed relationship.

• that is "number one bullshit" ( google "khabib" and this quote and watch the youtube video of him saying that)

• ignore him obviously, wtf?

• You aren't cheating by saying hi to someone.

• Say hi. Be nice and up front. You could become good friends. :)

• ignore it

• say hello and be polite if he really likes you he will ask if you have a boyfriend and you can tell him