How do you tell someone you like them? Followed by asking if they'd like to go out sometime?

So I really like this guy. He's sweet, handsome, and he and I are really compatible. (My parents even agree, lol).

How do I tell him I like him? I don't want to accidentally say something that'll make things awkward. It doesn't help that he's my best friend's younger brother. I want to ask him out for some hot cocoa and a walk in the park to get to know each other more. How do I do this without seeming to desperate -- considering I'm a girl and it seems kind of weird that I'd make the first move? (Though I'm probably overthinking this haha).

115

Most Helpful Guy

• Invite him to event that you go to. If you swing dance-invite! If you two talk a lot, let him know you like to talk with him and spend time with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so nice - so nice it becomes obvious I like them - and then I put in a little push and pull to bring us closer and see if they respond to that.

• Yes
      And in process xd if the guy like u back u will drive him crazy with that push pull
      And blow up one day saying I am crazy about u.

Hhhhh
      xD but we like it , maybe it increase our romantic interests towards u

• @1988fido
      What was that? That sounded so naive! xP

What Guys Said 14

• I advice to go wth the comments here. Go hangout and see how things goes.

But nothing wrong with being direct and say hey I like u and want to ask u out ( make sure he is single and no girlfriend before u do that )
    Good luck

• Nothing wrong with a girl making the first move, it can even be admired. Just tell him you want to get to know him better and ask him out.

• I often try to figure out how to make the first move with my girlfriend. I totally agree with you!

• Whatever you say, make it casual. Maybe if you two happen to be alone, say, "Hey, wanna get some cocoa?" I mean, no guts, no glory! Maybe tease him if he likes it.

• start off with an opening line... i like questions where the purpose of them is finding out about something (hidden purpose because you are really just using this to test the waters and break the ice) try this: i was wondering, do you any good places to walk? answer:no i know this place beside the park but im always worried to walk alone but i love walking... pause... would you care to accompany me somtime this week.. ill buy you (or make you) caccoa if you do... answer:yea sure. okay then lets do it (or okay then how about thursday?) if by any chance he did not want to go... say: okay ill probably ask someone else thanks

• edited: start off with an opening line... i like questions where the purpose of them is finding out about something (hidden purpose because you are just using this to test the waters and break the ice) try this:
      say: i was wondering, do you know any good places to walk around here?

answer:no or yea its very far from here

say: i know this place beside the park but im always worried to walk alone but i love walking... pause... would you care to accompany me sometime this week?

answer:yea sure.

okay then lets do it ill buy you (or make you) caccoa (or okay then how about thursday?)

if by any chance he did not want to go...

say: okay ill probably ask someone else thanks. its not always safe to walk alone when you're a girl

• Just no. I think that sounds rather naive.

• that is how you make small talk. small talk is naive but essential to transition into deeper and more meaningful conversations. your response is worthless

• Just suggest that the two of you hangout sometime. Nothing wrong with that

• "I was wondering if you're not seeing anyone if you'd like to see me?"

• dont tell them you like them. just ask them out.

• Try flirting with him. My girlfriend flirts with me and kind of "disarms" me. lol! And do not take control over him. It'll make him feel awkward. She controls me.

• Keep it casual & don't think of it as a date. Just mention a movie you would like to see , or food at a restaurant you would like to try & slip in the question , hay if your not doing anything... want to come!

• Don't say anything. its like an English exam. Don't tell him you like him. Show him. You probably go to your best friends house right. So go there more often. He will be there, try to engage with him and see what's he's up to. Join in.

• I don't think that's a very good idea. It might be awkward if you didn't get invited. Just like at a party, if you don't get invited, chances are, you're gonna look awkward. I wouldn't suggest it.

• @JustinMak This has nothig to do with partys mate. Also you dont know that.

• "Will you be my boyfriend? I ll make you cocoa everyday ;)"

• Hahahaha! That's pretty convincing! lol! I also like the wink at the end. Pretty good. It will not only make him like you, it will also make him off guard!

• @JustinMak Well, I kinda do this for a living but mostly to girls.

• Don't tell him you like him right away. Just be chill and have him hang with you at the park

• Later tell him after you get him to accept more & more invitations to be together on whatever guise du jour. Also be prepared to accept his odd venue invites to see if you "fit in"

• You can suggest we love knowing your interested in us!!!

• Do you mind telling me how my body looks if I send a link?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!