Do girls have to worry about the friend zone as much as guys?

Do girls have the same pressure to make their feelings know before they get "friend zoned," or can they take their time being friends without worrying about missing their chance and being seen as "his sister?"

I pretty much only hear guys complain about it.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, we live in a world where men are taught to pursue women they like, even if they say no at first, because she can be won over eventually if you're nice enough to her.
    Women, faced with an onslaught of advances from a guy they just don't like, can either 1) be an asshole and tell him off 2) be nice and humor him but be very non-sexual/romantic about it.
    Men take that as the friend zone. Its not a zone, its a woman rejecting you nicely and you being too thick skulled to deal with it.

Women aren't friendzoned, because they normally don't repeatedly waste their time trying to woo a guy who isn't interested. If women were to start doing that, then yes they would begin to feel friend zoned in some situations as well.

• i Don't believe or want ever give the term friend zone" power.
      friends are supposed to be friends. what since does it make to label someone you barely know

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy who I am friends with 10 years. The first year or so I had a crush on him but now don't see him as such because I came to terms with the fact he didn't have the same feelings. It sucked but better to have closure and move on than being hung up on the same guy who has no interest in me.

What Guys Said 6

• The "friendzone" is just an ignorant and figurative place where people who get rejected by their crushes feel that they have been placed. So rather than accept it and move on and search for someone who will them they decided to make the "friendzone" in hopes of generating pity for themselves or incite a wave of backlash against the person who "wronged" them.

My answer is no, you dont, and if you have a crush who says ypur just friends, move on there are plenty of other people out there.

This goes for both men and women alike. There is no such thing as the friendzone. It's not real, its just an excuse for you to hold on to the person you had a crush on. Just move on. Plain and simple.

• I've brozoned two girls who I know have crushes on me. Both are in my class and sit at the bench behind mine. They keep calling me to make me turn around and talk to them, and if I don't, they start tracing words on my back.

They're nice and cute but I have a girlfriend and don't like them in that way.
    But yeah, I call them my 'bros' which I've noticed makes them flinch.

• No, a girl can easily get out by just undressing and/or being way more intimate. If a girl friend zones a guy, she is unlikely to go "Oh yeah you're right I do want you bad"

• It can happen, but it's more common for it to happen to guys. The female equivalent is more like the 'fwb zone'. But men can get friends with benefits zoned and girls can get friendzoned.

I should not that in both cases, it's rare to get friendzoned because you moved slowly. It -can- happen but only if you were right on the edge of being friendzoned. For the most part you were either friendzoned from the start, or they might have dated you from the start. You're just delaying finding out which.

Girls who get friendzoned a lot tend to have great personalities and be overweight. If they lose weight their friendzoning problem will vanish. Because honestly, most girls lack the personality to be friendzoned.

• no such thing as the "friendzone"

• Girls have to worry about it too if the guy has options.

What Girls Said 1

• yes.

• but not as frequent unless you are unattractive to him and have no chemistry