Girls, Why the friend zone?

When a guy first meets girl why is it so important to make your​ intentions know that your either looking for sex, relationship, or friends. Not all guys just want one thing. Personally I rather meet someone with no intentions. Then decide rather I just want a hook up, relationship, friend or don't like them at all. I rather find out who they are first but doing this it seems to put me in the friend zone with no escape in site lol...

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• And your mentality makes sense... I think some girls are just so used to being used/burned by guys who they thought wanted something, that they've developed a more diplomatic way of handling things: straight to the point, are we gonna fuck or not? Kind of like a security question: do I invest real emotions or not?

• I get that but honestly we're talking about guys we always wanna fuck lol. Friends or potential girlfriend you though a flirt out there and it's on and popin lol

• I think the main reason I would announce my intentions would be so that I don't lead the guy on? Trying to set appropriate boundaries. Like if I just want to be friends, he has no reason to try and get into my pants.

Or if I like him, then he has the freedom to explore. I don't know how to explain it. I've never really thought about it. I usually only do that if I'm friend zoning someone or looking for sex, haha.

• I guess if I 'friend zone' someone, it's just because I don't have any romantic interest in them (though it's also obviously because I'm in a relationship, but I mean before that, I guess :P ). I have always preferred the idea of a relationship formed from a long friendship, as happened with my partner and I, so yeah, I like the idea of going into something without any intentions.