Did I make the right choice?

Soo I met this guy who's a year older than me in high school. He was pretty nice, and he got me something for Valentine's Day. It looked like he had feelings for me, and I liked him too.
However, I don't believe he's a good influence. He does drugs, smokes weed, drinks beer, and he's had sex. (Mind you we are in HIGH SCHOOL.) I ignored it at first, but after seeing him flirting with other girls, I decided that I shouldn't talk to him anymore.
So I told him that I didn't want to talk to him anymore because he was a bad influence.
I then see him post online "your loss" while dressed all nice. So I guess he was just being an asshole at the end, huh? Any advice? Did I make the right choice? Thanks!

23

Most Helpful Guy

• You definitely made the right choice. If he was trying to indirect that towards you, that's pretty immature.

Even putting that aside, if you don't agree with his behaviour - which I agree would be negative - then it's incredibly smart put his potential influence into account because it could've seriously messed you up.

• Thanks so much! I mean, it hurts right now because I really did like him, but it's for the best, right?

• That's so true. Because if this went on any longer I'm sure it would've hurt A LOT more. Thank you!

• Thank yourself, all I did was confirm something I'm sure you knew was right all along.

Most Helpful Girl

• you made the right choice sweetie don't worry you'll find someone better.. he is a bad influence and u smart.. u loyal lol

What Guys Said 2

• Of course you were correct about hmmm such guys are always an ass.. they just wanna be a Casanova sorta and they hardly have any good vibes.. thinking they are dude! haha.. poor suckers..

You did right by cutting him loose.. wait for the right guy to come around.. he will !!

• You made the right choice. He would have probably tried to get you hooked on drugs and he didn't really care about you anyway.

• Ouch, that's a little harsh. But I know you're right. Thank you :)

• No problem, I wanted to sounds kinda harsh. Because you don't want to pick up some of his bad habits.

What Girls Said 1

• You did - he didn't even care that you rejected him - you were just another girl in his line up.