Girls, is it ever acceptable for your ex boyfriend to date your sister?

what's your thoughts on the issue?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends how long we were together and why we broke up. If it was a long relationship that ended up in a messy break up I'd struggle to be ok with it

What Girls Said 23

• No, it's not acceptable to me.
    Call me selfish but that is a betrayal in my opinion. Of course my ex wouldn't care if he betrayed me, but my sister should.
    It's girl code and just common courtesy

• In theory yes it's acceptable. But in practice it's awkward as fuck. Especially if it was an ugly breakup.

• I don't have a sister, but if I did, I would be upset about it. It'll low key make me think something would've been going on between the two before the break up for an ex to go straight to the sister... js

• hell no

• No, Pinkie Swear.
    Nor is it Acceptable Here, dear, for any Cousin neither. How would they Like it? xx

• I'd feel weird about it, but wouldn't speak up against it so as not to mess up either of their happiness, as long as my ex wasn't someone I had broken up with out of realizing some awful stuff about him.

• No way, never and if your sister and your ex went against you and dated anyway, they'd be pretty selfish A**holes

• it's pretty darn weird. I'd have to be over the dude for that to happen. If I'm not over the dude, then yea i'd kind of have an issue with that.

• I'd be pissed honestly

• Its too close and I would think she'd know the same

• Funny you should ask that. My twin sister just got engaged to my ex. Although we were only together for 4 days (our dad made me break up with him), so I don't know if that counts. I don't like her or him, so it's whatever.

• not in the slightest

• No wtf...

• No not acceptable.. would you let your brother marry your ex gf?

• Hell no

• hell nah

• Nope, I can't imagine any situation that I would think that's acceptable

• fuck no it's disgusting

• Well I have no sister :(

• I dont have a sister but that would be awkward

• Definitely not

• not acceptable

• I have a friend who dated a guy for a few weeks and fell for his brother... they have now been together for 16 years and have 3 kids... married 12years.

• I think if they haven't been together too long and if the relationship wasn't consummated.