What does it mean if your boyfriend says that you would be the hottest girl ever if you lost a few pounds?

He said that he thinks I'm hot and sexy, but that I would be a 10 if I got in shape so that I could have more clothing options such as bikinis. I'm only a few pounds overweight, but have a lot of belly fat and thick thighs.

Does this mean he doesn't think I'm physically good enough compared to a skinnier girl?

Please don't attack me. I just need help interpreting what he said.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Well how long have you been with the guy? To me, I notice my gf's flaws and if I still end up with her means I have accepted it. Everyone can always improve so maybe he didn't mean that you needed to be skinnier cause after being together so long (months close to a year +), I don't think being slightly overweight would matter cause he's used to accepting you. It's true it might be a hint to get thinner but I don't think it's a problem. You should be able to ask him about what he meant.

OR

He is being rude and telling you to get skinnier or else. Cause he'd probably been noticing other girls. In that case you shouldn't have to deal with this passive insult.

• We've been together for months. He says he thinks I'm hot, but that I should lose a few pounds so that I'd be able to wear a bikini and have more clothing options. He met me the way I am now.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can wear a bikini now though? Seems like although he is attracted to you now he is low-key suggesting to you to lose weight. If his reasoning was 'healthier lifestyle' that sounds more caring versus 'So you would have a 'Bikini Body'

What Guys Said 4

• It means he's physically attracted to you, but would be even more if you lost some pounds. Pretty simple.

• Does it mean that he doesn't think i'm good enough even though he says I'm sexy?

• No. You are good enough, that's why he's wit you.

• Not necessarily... It could have been just a thought that crossed his mind about you, or he could be hintin at him wantin to see you smaller.. But, it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't think you are good enough.. I mean he did get with you..

• if he is already physically attracted to me, why would he want me to get smaller?

• Maybe he could just want to see how it looks on you, he could have also been commenting on how yo face is so pretty that if you decided to get smaller, you'd be a man eater.. (Watch out boys she'll chew you up!).. LOL..

• Come oooooon. How do you not understand what he meant. If he's with you already it means he finds you attractive. But you would be more attractive if you lost some weight. Don't make the issue deeper than what it really is. Take it simply.

• he is saying you are pretty but could be beautiful if you toned up a little but he is saying it in an agricultural way

• He does call me beautiful and hot all the time though...

What Girls Said 1

• It means that he wants you to start working out and get in shape