Would you date an overall nice guy that has no job, no car, not even his own place?

So i recently went through a nasty break up 4 months ago, and now im talking to this really awesome guy, he's very sweet a great listner and a very good cook. Butttt... he has NO JOB... NO CAR... AND STILL LIVES WITH HIS MOM! I can't really get past that. I work long long 12 hour shifts mon-sat and have two cars and my own place. He makes money through his youtube channel & let me tell you its not much. I really do want to be with him but i can't see myself being with a men that dont got pretty much nothing going for himself. He just sits in front of a laptop all day... but he so very cool to be around and very attractive. I just can't stand that he 26 and still living with his parents! Its turns me off... but his smile & his sweet words got me falling for him. So should i give him a chance or just remain friends with him. What would you do in this situation? Would you date a over all nice guy that has no job, no car, not even his own place?

Oh yeah one more thing lol. He tells me that youtube will get him rich? Like dude get a real #job

• Yes, i would give a guy like this a chance.
    25%(9)24%(13)Vote21%(4)
  • Maybe
    31%(11)25%(14)Vote16%(3)
  • No waaaay
    39%(14)36%(20)Vote32%(6)
  • other
    5%(2)15%(8)Vote31%(6)

Most Helpful Guy

• Will be might have plans for his YouTube channel... his earnings will definitely increase one day... If he is dedicated to his channel...

Think about this that today even if he isn't earning much time tomorrow he might earn more than enough... Then what will you do then? You solely wanna drop him because of his way of making money...

Even YouTube is a job... Even if it's not a white collar job... It's a pink collar...

I say Talk to him and ask him about his future plans and ambitions... If you don't wanna date him don't date him then...

Most Helpful Girl

• Th job thing would be a deal breaker for me. As much as I would love for everyone to follow their dreams and work for their dream job, thats just not how reality works.
    If he didn't have a job he'd better be looking for one. If he doesn't have a car or his own place, thats fine. As long as he has goals to achieve those things.

What Guys Said 8

• Maybe you could motivate him to get a "real job" - although you can get insanely rich from YouTube and many people do make a good living from it while being devoted to it full-time so if that doesn't constitute a job then I don't know what does.

Regardless, if you can't look beyond it then don't. Have you tried talking to him about what his future plans are and how he intends to make them happen? Maybe that can help, else just back out if you're not down.

• I feel very bad for even giving an opinion on this considering that I am myself living with my parents being 34. I think that this concept of not living with your parents is overrated. But then may be in India where I live its acceptable socially to do that. Rest I hv just one thing to say... this guy u r talking about... he see mm a to hv one thing going for himself... YOU.

Rest you are your own best judge about how he makes you feel. U work very hard 12 hr. shifts & hv 2 cars, your own place. U hv earned everything in life the hard way. You are a self made woman. In fact you have also earned the right to judge people who are not your type a. k. a ambitious, hardworking but they are gr8 to be with and make you feel nice about yourself. Good cook, gr8 listener, as weapons otherwise. But somehow he will be wondering, why he doesn't match up to the expectations of somebody like yourself as he seems to be easy going, self-assured and confident in his own skin and you despite being financially well-placed are still wondering WHY HE DOESN'T HV A FUTURE PLAN for himself.

Without judging you, coz I felt you are a good person while reading your description of your boyfriend, but do ask youself this simple question... Do you need someone whom you respect as a person ONLY for the amount of money he makes, something more deep and long-lasting like how he treats you, or shows his love for you and his nature & qualities as well as the relationship he shares with his parents... coz you will also become a parent in the future someday.

• typos regretted. but the message has not changed that much coz of them.

• Why does his income status bother you? If you're the breadwinner in the relationship, that means he can be the "house" boyfriend.

• It depends on if you can deal with him being broke. That's even pretty unattractive from my point of view.

• How old is this guy? And is there a legit reason why he's down on his luck? Still studying, work accident, recently lost his job, etc etc? Or is he just too lazy to get his ass up in the morning to go and find a job? How does he plans to take you out to dinner, movies or elsewhere? Or is he expecting you to pay for him?

• it's all your choice baby.. if he is loyal n your type.. go for him babe

• Be with if he has a future

• That won't likely work for long term , i never saw any couple like that , except in movie

What Girls Said 16

• If he has no intentions on getting a real job and being financially stable then no, not at all. I'm not saying that it'd definitely happen but it's possible he'd end up being a burden. He might eventually ask to move in with you, drive your car, etc and won't be able to provide you with any gas money, money for food, etc.

• Nope. Not purely for the income but for all the rest, ambition and wanting to make a life for himself (and potentially us if it worked out) is important.
    To me it's simple incompatibility

• Not in this particular situation, no.

Assuming he's 25 like you are... if I were 25 and were dating, I would be understanding about a 25-yr old guy not having a car or his own place. It is less and less typical for a 25-yr old to be settled nowadays. So, that's not the issue.

The issue would be not working and not trying to work. Like, you can't sit at home on YouTube not making money. You need to be at least looking for a real job. If a guy were 25, lived with his mother, didn't have a car because he couldn't afford it but he were trying to find a job and was just struggling to do so, but he is cool otherwise, yes, I'd date him.

• I'd give him a chance.

I have my own car, home and job etc , but I'd still date a guy who wasn't financially stable. I'd look past that and try to get to know him better.

• I voted for A because I'm in a relationship with someone like him but he's 20 though. Things will go well for him, he might soon realize it, it seems like this is a bother to you, so it's best to just be friends with him. Unless you're willing to be patient and be by his side.

• I don't know... if he doesn't have a car, job, or his own place now what makes you think he will change once you start dating? There's too many girls that think they can change a man only to end up in a bad relationship. He's nice now but that doesn't mean he won't show his true colors later.

• At my age... no way.

• You should probably not date him. you guys don't match in some very significant aspects..

• i would talk to him about his future and if he would like to get any other job and raise up financial issues to him and see his replies. AND in my country u can't even apply for a flat if you're single and below 30 lmao

• At my phase of life he definitely needs to be independent and have a job.

• Not a chance. Like you I to work long hrs 5-6 days a week & own my house & vehicle free of payments.

• Sorry but no. I wasn't attracted to irresponsible guys.

• No..

• If you give the relationship a chance and say you guys end up getting married, what you consider now to be cute, is gonna bug the crap out of you later. IF he wasn't working now but had ambition and plans for the future, then yes I would say give it a chance. HOWEVER, based on what you said, he's expecting to make it big, working as a you tuber. Heck no!

• maybe

• I had this attraction to a homeless man (Iknow, weird). So this wouldn't be very big problem, if I myself had something to offer us both, and that we financially survived.

• But it's your choice, and even though I would probably go for it if I really liked him, I still wouldn't judge you for not being able to.