What do guys think about dating single mums? Honest opinions?

025

Most Helpful Guy

• I got very close to dating one before. She was a widow. Her husband fought in the Iraq war and came home with PTSD, a drug addiction, and eventually committed suicide.

She wasn't very great with disciplining her two kids. The first time I met them, she brought them to a drinking party which I thought was inappropriate since it was late at night and among adults.

I ended up sitting as far away from the kids as I could. I was smoking and drinking and thought for sure I'd be a horrible influence to kids. I always wanted to stay as far away from kids as possible for that reason.

Yet they ended up coming over to my side. She had a boy and girl, both half-Japanese and half-white American, just like me and my younger sister. The boy kept talking to me and then started showing me his Nintendo DS games. The girl kept talking gibberish to me and started laughing when I made funny faces.

After the party we went outside and the kids wanted me to give a piggyback ride. I still didn't know why they fixated on me so much with so many other guys there; perhaps they felt some affinity since I was also mixed like them. I ended up giving them both piggyback rides individually where I sprinted and spun around, and they started laughing so hard. Soon both wanted me to give them a piggyback ride at the same time and that was a bit of a struggle but I managed it. Later the little girl fell asleep on my shoulder.

We ended up going to karaoke and I ended up buying and wearing a spiderman suit to entertain the kids, and my friend working at the bar there gave this big introduction and I jumped out as spiderman.

I just ended up developing such a strong attachment to the kids. I kind of wanted them as my own. I started hanging out with the kids and their mother and both of them ended up asking me at various points if I could marry their mom. I ended up actually considering it.

She ended up moving away from Tokyo, however. That was the one exceptional case for me where I actually considered dating a single mother. It came about because I developed a strong attachment to her kids first.

• I still keep in touch with her. I like to joke and ask if I could have one of her kids for $100,000. She always replies and says she'll give one to me for free. :-D

What Guys Said 24

• I think it depends on the person really and how they are with their child. Personally, I'm not down with kids but if I met a single mother who I liked then I'd happily try to get along with their child. Although, I'm not a fan of spoilt children so...

• I've done it. To be honest, there is often a lot of baggage involved. The one woman I dated had a very undisciplined child. Of course, I couldn't discipline the child myself and it was very frustrating.
    A lot of times single mums have issues to deal with before they enter into a romantic relationship.

I don't think any man would choose the single mom over the girl without children, all things being equal. That said, if she's of exceptionally high quality (i. e. things are NOT equal), it may be well worth it.

• Children take up a lot of time and I question how much she'll have for me and our relationship. So I'd have to be seriously into her to even bother with it because I don't want to waste our time, nor have the child (ren) get attached to me. I also don't want to be a father figure to kids that aren't mine. So honestly, while it's not an automatic deal breaker, it's close.

• My concern would be more about why is she a single mom. I don't care if she has kids and from who they are, she's still a human who needs love and affection. But I'd still wanna know why her life went that way before getting too involved with her.

• My biggest problem with dating a single mom is that if we ever have sex I know I am not her first especially that at the moment she would be mine. I plan on waiting after marriage tho before having sex.

I know one girl that is a single mom and we are friends, and because I know her and I do like her if our relationship ever evolved into more with (witch I would like) I can look past her being a single mom.

• So I guess guys at the end of the day have to be head over heels with the girl if they are to Persue a releationship with her and get over the fact she's a mum too but that's okay

• That's just me tho, I can't speak for over guys.

• Yeah I know but your opinion is probably the same as many

• 0|1
  • Not recommended

• Not gonna happen.

• They usually a little desperate or have a chip on their shoulders

Rare to find a normal one

• I haven't dated a single mom yet, but I think I wouldn't like it much. Even though I do understand that kids come first, I feel as though some ladies will take it too far as to use their kids for excuses to get out of situations. That's not cool in my books

• I wouldn't date one. Why is she a single mom? All of them say, it's because the father is a dirtbag and she didn't want to be stuck with him. Or he ran off on her. So, what does it say about those women, that they were fking all these dirtbags and players? Single moms are dirty sluts plain and simple.

• Not entirely true though. What if she was married and got cheated on and thus ended in a divorce? Or what if the partner passed away? Not all single mothers are people who just had a one night stand. Quite ignorant to think that too. That's like saying any woman who's single but not a virgin is a dirty slut because she couldn't keep the man.

• I was talking about young single mothers, like under 40.

• Don't get me wrong, I totally see what you're saying and I can understand the logic behind it but you can't say every single mother fucked a load of "dirtbags and players". Maybe there was one guy who seemed really cool and once he got what he wanted he went sour or he couldn't commit to a child because he wasn't responsible enough. Can't pin it all on the woman.

• i'd have a casual relationship with a single mom but i wouldn't really seriously date her. I don't want kids and i don't plan on raising anyone else's either.

• That depends on the age of the child and the eventual visiting rights of her ex and his mom.

• Personally it depends on what type of mother she is and whether she allows a child to dictate the relationship understandably If the child don't like the man you're with and it won't work between the two of them that's not going to work myself I'm 35 it's kinda hard to think I'm going to meet someone my age without children I have children that's just part of it

• same as dating any other woman

• I see no problems in dating Single moms. I like the idea for sure.

• I wouldn't simply because I'm not ready to have someone else's kids.

• "Hey, can I have one too?"

• make her comfortable and respect... i can't think of anything else...

• love dating single moms

• Not appealing

• If your hot, I'd date you, having kids isn't a turn off.

• i feel like it would be ok however you would probably want to know the mom very well first before knowing the child

• Never going to happen under any circumstances period.

What Girls Said 0